Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013)|
|Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?|
Logo of Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?
|Written by||Aakash Pandey
|Directed by||Arshad Khan
For more listings see below
|Theme music composer||Raju Singh|
|Opening theme||"Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?" By Sadhana Sargam and Javed Ali|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of episodes||398|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Production company(s)||4 Lions Films
|Original channel||Star Plus
Life OK (International)
STAR Vijay (Tamil)
MAA TV (Telugu)
|Picture format||720i (SDTV)
|Original run||6 June 2011 – 30 November 2012.|
Khushi is a simple and traditional girl deeply rooted in family values from Lucknow. She believes in the strength of love, relationships, and faith in God. Arnav is a rich, arrogant and suave business tycoon with no belief in love or God. His closest emotional bond is with his sister Anjali. Needless to say, Arnav and Kushi are annoyed by each other instantly. Even as they pledge ideological warfare, Arnav and Khushi discover that they are more similar than they suspected. They develop a connection over their mutual orphaned upbringing. They begin to fall in love, but are too arrogant and stubborn to reveal their feelings.
Shyam, Anjali's husband and a lawyer by profession, meets and falls in love with Khushi. While Shyam pretends to be a loving husband and an honorable man, he secretly lusts for Khushi and remains with Anjali only for her wealth. Due to circumstances involving her adoptive father's health, Khushi and Shyam become engaged. However, on discovering his married state, Khushi breaks off the engagement and warns Shyam that he must mend his ways and remain loyal to Anjali.
Shyam then misleads Arnav, claiming that Khushi and Shyam are in love with each other and only Anjali is their barrier. To save Anjali's marriage, (and as Anjali was pregnant) Arnav forces Khushi to informally marry him and stay with him for six months. In spite of their unwilling relationship, Khushi and Arnav get past their differences and realize that Shyam is responsible for their troubles. Once Khushi risks her life to save Arnav from Shyam's kidnappers and then Arnav starts revealing his untold love towards Khushi and Khushi begins to develop her feelings for Arnav further.
Arnav remarries Khushi formally with all the rituals in spite of opposition from his paternal grandmother. After proving to Anjali that Shyam was responsible for the death of her unborn child, Arnav kicks Shyam out of his home.
Then in comes Sheetal, Arnav's friend. She brings in a son - Aarav, who is like a carbon copy of Arnav. His mannerisms, behaviour, tastes and even dressing impeccably match Arnav's to the extent that Khushi begins to suspect that he might be Arnav's son. Later it is revealed that Sheetal was merely a gold digger who brought in Aarav and trained him to be like Arnav only to gain access to Arnav's immense wealth and that she had promised Aarav that she'd lead him to his parents if he did so. Khushi and Arnav kick Sheetal out of their lives and legally adopt Aarav from his orphanage.
Finally Khushi wins the Mrs. India crown with Arnav by her side and they live a happy life together with their adopted son, Aarav and their Raizada family.
Production and distribution
It's English dubbed versions are telecast on Life OK.
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon - Ek Baar Phir
- Barun Sobti as Arnav Singh Raizada (2011-2012)
- Sanaya Irani as Khushi Kumari Gupta-Singh Raizada (2011-2012)
- Daljeet Kaur Bhanot as Anjali Jha/Rani Sahib (2011-2012)
- Deepali Pansare as Payal Gupta Singh Raizada (2011-2012)
- Akshay Dogra as Akash Singh Raizada (2011-2012)
- Karan Goddwani as Nanda Kishore (2011-2012)
- Sana Khan as Lavanya Kashyap (2011)
- Vishesh Bansal as Aarav Raizada
- Sanjay Batra as Shashi Gupta
- Tuhinaa Vohra/Pyumori Mehta as Garima Gupta
- Abha Parmar as Madhumati Gupta
- Jayshree T. as Devyani Raizada
- Utkarsha Naik as Manorama Raizada
- Rajesh Jais as Mahendra Raizada
- Abhaas Mehta as Shyam Manohar Jha
- Swati Chitnis as Subhadra Devi
- Madhura Naik as Sheetal Kapoor
- Favorite Naya Sadasya(Male) - Arnav Singh Raizada
- Favourite Jodi - Arnav and Khushi
- Favourite International Jodi - Arnav and Khushi
- Favourite Mazedar Sadasya - Manorama Singh Raizada
- Favourite Dushman - Abhaas Mehta
- Most Stylish Sadasya(Male) - Arnav Singh Raizada
- Favourite Behen - Daljeet Kaur Bhanot
- Best Actor(Popular) - Barun Sobti
- Best Actor Desh Ka Sitara (Popular) - Barun Sobti
- Best On-Screen Couple - Barun Sobti & Sanaya Irani
At the 2012 Star Parivaar Awards  it was nominated for:
- Favourite Pita - Sanjay Batra
At the 2012 Global Indian Film and TV Honours it was nominated for:
- Best Jodi - Barun Sobti & Sanaya Irani
At the 2012 Indian Telly Awards it won:
- Best Actor in Negative Role - Abhaas Mehta
- TV Personality of the Year - Barun Sobti
- "Star Parivaar Awards 2012: And the winners are... – TV – Indian TV – ibnlive". Mumbai: IBN Live. 26 March 2012. Retrieved 25 April 2012.
- "2012 Nominees – Global Honours". The Global Indian Film and Television Honours. Retrieved 22 June 2012.
- "2011 Winners". tellyawards.indiantelevision.com. Retrieved 9 June 2012.