Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013)|
|Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?|
Logo of Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?
|Written by||Aakash Pandey
|Directed by||Arshad Khan
For more listings see below
|Theme music composer||Raju Singh|
|Opening theme||"Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?" By Sadhana Sargam and Javed Ali|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of episodes||398|
|Running time||20 minuten|
|Production company(s)||4 Lions Films
Sphereorigins Multivision Pvt. Ltd
|Original channel||Star Plus|
|Picture format||720i (SDTV)
|Original release||6 June 2011 – 30 November 2012.|
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? (English: What Name Should This Love Be Given?) is an Indian daily soap opera which aired on Monday through Friday on Star Plus from 6 June 2011 to 30 November 2012. It is a drama primarily focusing on the couple Arnav singh raizada (Barun Sobti) and Khushi kumaari gupta (Sanaya Irani).
The second season of the serial titled Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?...Ek Baar Phir (English: What Do I Call This Love?... Once Again) was premiered 26 August 2013, starring Avinash Sachdev (Shlok Agnihotri) and Shrenu Parikh (Aastha Shlok Agnihotri).
Khushi is a simple and traditional girl from Lucknow deeply rooted in family values. She believes in the strength of love, relationships, and faith in God. Arnav is a rich, arrogant business tycoon with no belief in love or God. His closest emotional bond is with his sister Anjali. Arnav and Kushi are annoyed by each other instantly but find they are more similar than they might suspect. Khushi starts working at Arnav's office and his workers. Lavanya (Arnav's girlfriend) started mocking Khushi and her clothes along with her friends. Lavanya and Arnav are in a relationship and Arnav's family is happy with their relationship except his grandmother. A traditional lady who believes in all the value of a marriage, his grandmother (nani) does not understand the concept of a live-in relationship or dating and sets a condition that she will only accept Lavanya if and only if she learns all the traditions of an Indian girl. Anjali hires Khushi to help Lavanya become a good daughter-in-law. Lavanya initially hates Khushi giving her a special name called "Chamkili" (Glittery) due to her clothes; however, Khushi's kindness and selflessness helps them bond especially when she takes the blame for Lavanya. Lavanya starts learning the values of a good daughter-in-law from Khushi and tries her best to become one. As time passes, Lavanya improves and Nani gets impressed with her. Meanwhile, Khushi and Arnav get closer. Living under the same roof, bumping into each other, talking, smiling, eventually all of this lead to Khushi and Arnav realizing that they love each other but are too stubborn to accept. Instead, Arnav starts hurting Khushi's feelings in many ways to see her reaction. He even announces his engagement with Lavanya after he and Khushi share a romantic momment(an almost kiss). However, Lavanya soon realizes that Arnav loves Khushi and leaves him to settle in London.
Shyam, Anjali's husband and a lawyer by profession, who met and fell in love with Khushi. Shyam pretends to be a loving husband and an honorable man, he secretly lusts for Khushi and remains with Anjali only for her wealth. Due to circumstances involving her adoptive father's health, Khushi and Shyam become engaged. However, on discovering his married state to Anjali, Khushi breaks off the engagement and warns Shyam that he must mend his ways while being supported by her family, meanwhile Payal's mother is worried about her engagement to Akash and how this could affect.
Lavanya begins noticing that Arnav is forgetting about their engagement and begins thinking of Khushi the whole time, even mistaking her for Khushi. Arnav decides to tell Khushi that he loves her. However, things change when Arnav accidentally sees Khushi and Shyam together and thinks that they have an affair. Shyam then misleads Arnav, claiming that Khushi and he are in love with each other, and only Anjali is their barrier. Believing Shyam and to save Anjali's marriage, (as Anjali was pregnant) Arnav forces Khushi to marry him by threatening to destroy Payal's (Khushi's elder sister) marriage with Aakash (Arnav's cousin). Their marriage is a contract for six months. In spite of their unwilling relationship, Khushi and Arnav get past their differences and Arnav realizes that Shyam is responsible for their troubles when Khushi risks her life to save Arnav from Shyam's kidnappers. Khushi and Arnav then openly accept their feelings towards each other. Arnav kicks Shyam out of the house, which makes Anjali misunderstand Arnav, which he later clears. During Godh-Barai, Anjali gets an electric shock as per Shyam's plan of miscarriage to get into the house again, which he does due to Anjali's bad condition. Meanwhile some misunderstanding takes place between Akash and Payal.
Arnav's paternal grandmother then enters, and after troubling Khushi a lot, reveals the truth of Khushi's adoptive mother Garima as she was the reason behind Arnav's father and mother death. Arnav still remarries Khushi formally with all the rituals, in spite of opposition from his paternal grandmother, and decides to forget the past and move on. After proving to Anjali that Shyam was responsible for her miscarriage, Anjali decides to throw him in jail
Just when the marriage seems to be back to normal, Sheetal (Arnav's friend) brings a son - Aarav, who is a carbon copy of Arnav. Khushi begins to suspect he might be Arnav's son. Later it is revealed Sheetal was a gold digger who brought in Aarav and trained him to be like Arnav only to gain access to Arnav's immense wealth, and that she had promised Aarav she'd lead him to his parents if he did so. Khushi and Arnav kick Sheetal out of their lives and legally adopt Aarav from his orphanage.
Finally Khushi wins Mrs. India crown with Arnav by her side and they live a happy life together with their adopted son, Aarav and their family.
Casting & Production
Barun Sobti was cast as Arnav Singh Raizada after the original choice, Karan Singh Grover, opted out of the role to focus on his film career; and Sanaya Irani replaced Shraddha Arya who had originally been cast as the female lead.
Its English sub-titled versions are re-telecasted on Life OK. Dubbed versions of the serial are telecast in Tamil language was as Idhu Kadhala?, Telugu language as Choopulu Kalasina Subhavela, in Malayalam language as Mounam Sammadham. It was also aired in Pakistan on channel Urdu 1. It is also air on MBC Digital 4 in Mauritius.
- Barun Sobti as Arnav Singh Raizada (2011-2012)
- Sanaya Irani as Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada (2011-2012)
- Daljeet Kaur Bhanot as Anjali Jha(2011-2012)
- Deepali Pansare as Payal Gupta Singh Raizada (2011-2012)
- Akshay Dogra as Akash Singh Raizada (2011-2012)
- Abhaas Mehta as Shyam Manohar Jha (2011-2012)
- Karan Goddwani as Nanda Kishore (2011-2012)
- Sana khan (Sana Makbul) as Lavanya Kashyap (2011)
- Vishesh Bansal as Aarav Raizada
- Sanjay Batra as Shashi Gupta
- Tuhinaa Vohra/Pyumori Mehta as Garima Gupta
- Abha Parmar as Madhumati Gupta
- Jayshree T. as Devyani Raizada
- Utkarsha Naik as Manorama Raizada
- Rajesh Jais as Mahendra Raizada
- Swati Chitnis as Subhadra Devi
- Madhura Naik as Sheetal Kapoor
- Favorite Naya Sadasya (Male) - Arnav Singh Raizada
- Favourite Jodi - Arnav and Khushi
- Favourite International Jodi - Arnav and Khushi
- Favourite Mazedar Sadasya - Manorama Singh Raizada
- Favourite Dushman - Abhaas Mehta
- Most Stylish Sadasya Award - Arnav Singh Raizada
- Best Actor in a Lead Role (Male) - Barun Sobti 
At the 2012 People's Choice Awards India it won:
- Favorite TV Drama Actor - Barun Sobti 
- Favorite Most Good Looking On-Screen Jodi (TV) – Barun Sobti and Sanaya Irani 
At the 2012 Indian Television Academy Awards it won:
At the 2012 Star Parivaar Awards  it was nominated for:
- Favourite Pita - Sanjay Batra
- Favourite Beti - Sanaya Irani
At the 2012 Global Indian Film and TV Honours it was nominated for:
- Best Jodi - Barun Sobti and Sanaya Irani
At the 2012 Indian Telly Awards it was nominated for:
- TV Personality of the Year - Barun Sobti
- Best Actor in Negative Role - Abhaas Mehta
- "Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? Episode Recaps". Starplus. Retrieved 18 December 2014.
- "Fans are comparing me with Barun Avinash Sachdev". Times of India. Retrieved 3 March 2015.
- "Star Parivaar Awards 2012: And the winners are... – TV – Indian TV – ibnlive". Mumbai: IBN Live. 26 March 2012. Retrieved 25 April 2012.
- "2012 Nominees – Global Honours". The Global Indian Film and Television Honours. Retrieved 22 June 2012.
- "Global Honours 2012 - The Global Indian Film and TV Honuors Awards 2012". Globalhonours.in. Retrieved 2012-10-23.
- "2012 And the winners are...". People's Choice Awards India. Retrieved 30 November 2012.
- "The ITA Awards 2012 - Popular Top-5".
- "2011 Winners". tellyawards.indiantelevision.com. Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- "Indian Telly Awards".