Issa Cissokho (footballer)
|Full name||Issa Cissokho|
|Date of birth||23 February 1985|
|Place of birth||Paris, France|
|Height||1.71 m (5 ft 7 1⁄2 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 11 May 2015.
† Appearances (Goals).
Issa Cissokho (born 23 February 1985) is a French-born Senegalese footballer who plays as a right back for Nantes in Ligue 1. He is the older brother of Aston Villa and French international defender Aly Cissokho.
Cissokho began his career playing for Louhans-Cuiseaux and made his professional debut with the club at the age of 17 in the 2002–03 Championnat National season. After the season, he signed with Guingamp and spent his entire career at the club playing on its reserve team. After two years playing for amateurs clubs Orléans and Blois, respectively, Cissokho joined Carquefou in the Championnat de France amateur 2, the fifth level of French football. In his first season at the club, he helped the team achieve promotion to the Championnat de France amateur.
After another season with Carquefou, in June 2010, Cissokho signed an amateur contract with professional club Nantes. After spending the majority of the 2010–11 season playing on the club's reserve team, in April 2011, Cissokho was called up to the senior team and made his club debut on 15 April in a league match against Dijon. In the following match, he scored his first professional goal in a 2–2 draw with Nîmes.
- "L'interview décalée de... Issa Cissokho (FC Nantes B) et David Vespuce (USJA Carquefou)" (in French). Football44. 8 April 2011. Retrieved 23 April 2011.
- "Issa Cissokho se reprend à rêver" (in French). Ouest-France. 11 April 2011. Retrieved 23 April 2011.
- "I. Cissokho signe à Nantes, K. Diop dans le viseur: colère du président de Carquefou" (in French). Nantes Maville. 12 June 2010. Retrieved 23 April 2011.
- "Nantes v. Dijon Match Report" (in French). Ligue de Football Professionnel. 15 April 2011. Retrieved 23 April 2011.
- "Nîmes v. Nantes Match Report" (in French). Ligue de Football Professionnel. 22 April 2011. Retrieved 23 April 2011.