|Province of Turkey|
Location of Istanbul Province in Turkey
|• Governor||Hüseyin Avni Mutlu|
|• Total||5,343.02 km2 (2,062.95 sq mi)|
|• Density||2,600/km2 (6,700/sq mi)|
|Area code(s)||0212 European side;
0216 Asian side
Istanbul Province (Turkish: İstanbul ili) is a province located in north-west Turkey. It has an area of 5,343.02 km² and a population of 13,854,740. The population was 10,018,735 in 2000. It is surrounded by the provinces of Tekirdağ to the west, Kocaeli to the east, the Black Sea to the northern part and the Sea of Marmara to the south. The Bosphorus (Boğaziçi) Strait divides the province in two parts: the European side and the Asian side. Roughly 3.85 million people live on the Asian side in 2010 census, and 9.4 million on the European side.
The province also includes the Princes' Islands constituted as Adalar District (Island District).
- List of Governors of Istanbul Province
- List of populated places in İstanbul Province
- Greater Istanbul Megaplex
- Turkish Statistical Institute, MS Excel document – Population of province/district centers and towns/villages and population growth rate by provinces
- "Büyükşehir Belediyesi Kanunu". Türkiye Büyük Millet Meclisi (in Turkish). 10 July 2004. Retrieved 2010-11-30. "Bu Kanunun yürürlüğe girdiği tarihte; büyükşehir belediye sınırları, İstanbul ve Kocaeli ilinde, il mülkî sınırıdır. (On the date this law goes in effect, the metropolitan city boundaries, in the provinces of İstanbul and Kocaeli, are those of the province.)"
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Istanbul Province.|
|This geographical article about a location in Istanbul Province, Turkey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|