|Date of birth||17 April 1967|
|Place of birth||Salgótarján, Hungary|
|Playing position||Defender, Midfielder|
|1988–1990||Győri Rába ETO||58||(2)|
|1997–1998||San José Clash||23||(1)|
|2003–2004||MTK (youth teams)|
|2005–2006||Újpest FC (youth teams)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
† Appearances (Goals).
István Urbányi (born 17 April 1967 in Salgótarján) is a Hungarian former football player and coach, who currently serves as the manager of the Maldives national football team. This is his second spell by the Asian side, having coached them previously between 2009 and 2010.
He was the head coach of Újpest FC from December 2006 to April 2008. In the end of February 2009, he was appointed as the head coach of the national team of Maldives. His first assignment as the coach of the Maldives was the AFC Challenge Cup qualification, where Maldives faced Bhutan, Philippines and Turkmenistan. His contract ran out in 2010 and following the sides could not reach an agreement over an extension, Urbányi left the Maldives. After a brief spell on the bench of Kecskeméti TE, he was recalled by the Football Association of Maldives and since October 2011 Urbányi works again in the island nation.
- pepsifoci.hu: Urbányi István, az Újpest vezetőedzője - brief bio (Hungarian)
- "FAM appoints Urbán as the national team coach". maldivesoccer.net. 4 October 2011. Retrieved 14 October 2011.
- fn.hu: Urbányi szövetségi kapitány lett (Hungarian)
- pepsifoci.hu: Urbányi Újpest után a paradicsomban dolgozik - Lapszemle (Hungarian)
- "Ismail Mahfooz and Moosa Manik appointed as the assistant coaches". maldivescoccer.net. 10 October 2011. Retrieved 14 October 2011.
|This biographical article related to association football in Hungary, about a defender, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to association football in Hungary, about a midfielder, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|