It's Goin' Down (Yung Joc song)
|"It's Goin' Down"|
|Single by Yung Joc|
|from the album New Joc City|
|Released||June 13, 2006|
|Genre||Snap, southern hip hop|
|Writer(s)||Chadron Moore, Jasiel Robinson|
|Certification||3x Platinum (RIAA)|
|Yung Joc singles chronology|
The song is part of the snap genre, popular in hip hop music from the Southern United States. In the video, people are seen snapping their fingers but no one is shown doing the dance. Instead, people are shown doing Yung Joc's dance the "Joc-in" which is also called "The Motorcycle". WWE's JTG has been seen doing this dance during his entrance and in matches.
It was voted the #1 song of 2006 on MTV2's Sucker Free Countdown. It also was voted number 1 on BET's 106 & Park, and is also #1 on BET's Top 100 Songs of 2006. It was nominated at the 2007 Grammy awards for Best Rap Song but lost to "Money Maker" by Ludacris featuring Pharrell. It won a place on Rolling Stone magazine 's annual 100 Best Songs of the Year, ranking at a respectable #79, in the 2006 edition.
5 remixes were made for this song: the official remix features Rick Ross, Slim Thug, and Jody Breeze; one adds a verse by Cam'ron to the official remix; one features Trae; the last features Lil Wayne, Rick Ross and Currency. Rapper Lydell Lucky made a remix to the song as well, which features Paul Wall, Trae and others. The rapper The Last Mr. Bigg also redid the song.
The single performed very well in the U.S., peaking at number 3 on the Billboard Hot 100. It peaked at number 1 on the Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart for 8 weeks becoming 2006's second longest run at number 1 behind Mary J. Blige's "Be Without You" which had 15 weeks at the summit. It also peaked at number 1 on the Billboard Hot Rap Tracks chart. This is Yung Joc's second most successful song, behind "Buy U a Drank (Shawty Snappin')", which he featured in alongside T-Pain.
|US Billboard Hot 100||3|
|US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard)||20|
|US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard)||1|
|US Hot Rap Songs (Billboard)||1|
|US Pop 100 (Billboard)||8|
- Rolling Stone "Rolling Stone's 100 Best Songs of 2006: 71-80", retrieved May 12, 2009
- "Yung Joc Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for Yung Joc. Retrieved 2011-07-31.
- "Yung Joc Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Pop Songs for Yung Joc. Retrieved 2011-07-31.
- "Yung Joc Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs for Yung Joc. Retrieved 2011-07-31.
- "Yung Joc Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Rap Songs for Yung Joc. Retrieved 2011-07-31.
- "New Joc City – Yung Joc > Charts & Awards > Billboard Singles". Retrieved July 31, 2011.
- Music video at MTV.com
"What You Know" by T.I.
|Billboard's Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs number one single
June 3, 2006 - July 22, 2006
"Snap Yo Fingers" by Lil Jon featuring E-40 and Sean Paul