It's a Business Doing Pleasure with You
|"It's a Business Doing Pleasure with You"|
|Single by Tim McGraw|
|from the album Southern Voice|
|Released||June 29, 2009|
|Format||CD single, Digital download|
|Tim McGraw singles chronology|
"It's a Business Doing Pleasure with You" is a song written by Nickelback frontman Chad Kroeger and country musician Brett James, and performed by American country music artist Tim McGraw. The song is the first single to his tenth studio album, Southern Voice. It is also McGraw's fifty-second chart entry on the Billboard country charts. The song was released to radio on June 29, 2009.
The song's narrator is frustrated with buying items for his lover, telling her that "it's a business doing pleasure with [her]". The song's title is an inversion of the phrase "It's a pleasure doing business with you".
The 9513 gave the song a thumbs-up, saying the song "finds McGraw turning up the twang and unabashedly playing the pawn to a woman who has worked her way into his heart and pocketbook. Over an insistent beat and some crunchy roadhouse guitar."
"It's a Business Doing Pleasure with You" debuted at number 35 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs chart in July 2009, and reached a peak of number 13 on the chart in September 2009.
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||13|
|US Billboard Hot 100||59|
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||53|
- "New album, Southern Voice, out this fall". timmcgraw.com. 2009-06-29. Retrieved 2009-07-04.[dead link]
- "Tim McGraw: "It's a Business Doing Pleasure with You"". The 9513. 2009-07-03. Retrieved 2009-07-04.
- "Tim McGraw Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Tim McGraw.
- "Tim McGraw Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for Tim McGraw.
- "Tim McGraw Album & Song Chart History" Canadian Hot 100 for Tim McGraw.