It Just Comes Natural
|It Just Comes Natural|
|Studio album by George Strait|
|Released||October 3, 2006|
|George Strait chronology|
|The Music Box|||
It Just Comes Natural is the 24th studio album from country music singer George Strait. The album produced Strait's 41st Number One Billboard Hot Country Songs) hit in its lead-off single "Give It Away". Also released from this album were the title track (also #1 on Hot Country Songs), "Wrapped" (#2), and "How 'Bout Them Cowgirls" (#3). The album itself has been certified platinum by the RIAA.
"Give It Away" is the album's first single. Released in mid-2006, this song reached Number One on the Billboard country charts, becoming Strait's 41st Number One hit on that chart, and breaking Conway Twitty's record for the most Billboard Number One hits by a country music artist. Following this song was the title track, his 42nd Number One. "Wrapped" was the third single, and finishing out the releases was "How 'Bout Them Cowgirls".
- "Give It Away" (Bill Anderson, Buddy Cannon, Jamey Johnson) – 3:30
- "She Told Me So" (Bobby Braddock) – 3:04
- "That's My Kind of Woman" (Dean Dillon, Tammy Hyler) – 3:26
- "Wrapped" (Bruce Robison) – 4:09
- "It Just Comes Natural" (Marv Green, Jim Collins) – 2:58
- "He Must Have Really Hurt You Bad" (Tim Johnson) – 2:42
- "A Heart Like Hers" (Tony Martin, Mark Nesler) – 3:27
- "Why Can't I Leave Her Alone" (Trent Tomlinson, Danny Wells, Ashe Underwood, Mark Kerr) – 4:16
- "One Foot in Front of the Other" (Lee Roy Parnell, Cris Moore) – 4:16
- "I Ain't Her Cowboy Anymore" (Dillon, Scotty Emerick, Marla Cannon-Goodman) – 4:56
- "Texas Cookin'" (Guy Clark) – 4:25
- "A Better Rain" (David Cory Lee, Tony Lane) – 3:39
- "How 'bout Them Cowgirls" (Casey Beathard, Ed Hill) – 3:57
- "What Say" (Leslie Satcher, Bobby Carmichael) – 3:54
- "Come On Joe" (Tony Romeo) – 3:49
As listed in liner notes.
- Eddie Bayers – drums
- Tony Brown – background vocals on "Texas Cookin'"
- Stuart Duncan – fiddle, mandolin
- Paul Franklin – pedal steel guitar
- Steve Gibson – acoustic guitar
- Wes Hightower – background vocals
- Brent Mason – electric guitar, gut string guitar
- Mac McAnally – acoustic guitar, gut string guitar
- Steve Nathan – Hammond B-3 organ, Wurlitzer, synthesizer
- Matt Rollings – piano, Hammond B-3 organ, synthesizer
- Marty Slayton – background vocals
- George Strait – lead vocals
- Jeff Taylor – accordion on "Come On Joe"
- Glenn Worf – bass guitar on all tracks except "She Told Me So", upright bass on "She Told Me So"
All musicians except Jeff Taylor also perform background vocals on "Texas Cookin'."
|U.S. Billboard Top Country Albums||1|
|U.S. Billboard 200||3|
Like Red on a Rose by Alan Jackson
|Top Country Albums number-one album
October 21 - October 27, 2006
Take the Weather with You by Jimmy Buffett