It Would Be You (song)
|"It Would Be You"|
|Single by Gary Allan|
|from the album It Would Be You|
|B-side||"Send Back My Heart"|
|Released||February 10, 1998|
|Format||CD single, 7" 45 RPM|
|Writer(s)||Dana Hunt Black
|Gary Allan singles chronology|
"It Would Be You" is a song written by Kent Robbins and Dana Hunt Black and recorded by American country music artist Gary Allan. It was released in February 1998 as the lead-off single to the album of the same name. It reached number 7, remaining in the top 10 after 21 weeks of radio play. It is also his second top 10 hit after "Her Man" in 1996–1997, which also reached number 7.
The narrator describes a heartache, making many comparisons to the feeling, and says "But if we're talkin' 'bout a heartache, it would be you".
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||23|
|US Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles (Billboard)||1|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||7|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||55|
The music video was directed by Gerry Wenner, who also directed the video for his previous top 10 hit "Her Man".
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. pp. 21–22. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- "RPM Country Tracks." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. June 29, 1998. Retrieved July 14, 2013.
- "Gary Allan Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100 for Gary Allan.
- "Gary Allan Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Gary Allan.
- "Best of 1998: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1998. Retrieved July 14, 2013.