Italian Astronomical Archives Center
At the moment are stored the data of:
- TNG (Galileo National Telescope);
- LBT (Large Binocular Telescope);
- ITVO Italian Theoretical Virtual Observatory (cosmological simulated data);
- BaSTI (A Bag of Stellar Tracks and Isochrones);
The archive of TNG Long-Term Archive (LTA) is a pilot project started in 2001 and now operating. The second project is the storage of the data from the new LBT SDT (Science Demonstration Time) and Commissioning Time of the Camera that is an Italian made instrument (these data are under policy).
All these archive are include in the Virtual Observatory infrastructure inside the Italian Virtual Observatory, VObs.it.
Another project regard the theoretical data ITVO (Italian Theoretical Virtual Observatory) this is a test-bad for the inclusion of the simulated data inside the VO (Virtual Observatory), it starts dealing with cosmological simulation computed with Gadget2, Enzo and FLY codes, this activity is develop by OATrieste, OACatania and CINECA.
A database schema has been designed to integrate the BaSTI archive, allowing the storage of the metadata of stellar evolution tracks and isochrones computed with the FRANEC code. This activity is carried out by the sites of OATeramo and OATrieste, to assess the feasibility of including different sets of theory data and services in the VO.
All the IA2 projects ineract closely with the international project of the VO to find and use standard way to access the astronomical data and standard tools to visualize and analyse data of these kinds.
- IA2 Italian Astronomical Archives Center website
- ATG Astrophysical Technologies Group of OAT (Trieste Astronomical Observatory)
- OAT Trieste Astronomical Observatory website
- BaSTI stellar simulation database website, soon available
- IVOA International Virtual Observatory Alliance
- CINECA Consortium of universities, large computing centre
- OATe Teramo Astronomical Observatory website
- OACt Catania Astronomical Observatory website
|This astronomy-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|