Italian Instabile Orchestra
The Italian Instabile Orchestra (IIO) is an eighteen piece experimental big band that performs orchestral jazz and avant-garde jazz. Its members include Gianluigi Trovesi, Paolo Damiani, Mario Schiano, Pino Minafra, Eugenio Colombo, Giancarlo Schiaffini, Bruno Tommaso, Sebi Tramontana, Umberto Petrin, Tiziano Tononi, Guido Mazzon, Martin Mayes, Alberto Mandarini, Giovanni Maier, Daniele Cavallanti, and Carlos Actis Dato. The orchestra was founded in 1990 to perform at the Festival di Noci. One of the original members, pianist Giorgio Gaslini, is no longer a member of the orchestra. Some guest musicians that have performed or recorded with them include Cecil Taylor, Willem Breuker and Lester Bowie.
- Live In Noci And Rive-De Gier. Leo Records. 1991.
- Skies of Europe. ECM. 1994.
- European Concerts '94-'97. Nel Jazz. 1997.
- Litania Sibilante. Enja Records. 2000.
- Previsioni del Tempo: Forecast. Imprint Records. 2002.
- Featuring Cecil Taylor (2004). The Owner of the Riverbank. Enja Justin Time.