Itamar Marcus is an Israeli political activist, researcher and the founder and director of Palestinian Media Watch, which studies Palestinian society by monitoring and analyzing the Palestinian Authority through its media and schoolbooks.
His work on textbooks led Benyamin Netanyahu to appoint Marcus to represent his country in the negotiations with the Palestinians on incitement in the Trilateral Anti-Incitement Committee (Israeli–Palestinian–American).
As Director of Research for the Center for Monitoring the Impact of Peace (CMP) from 1998 to 2000, Marcus wrote reports on Palestinian Authority (PA), Syrian and Jordanian schoolbooks. In February 2007 together with Sen. Hillary Clinton he released a report on the newest PA schoolbooks at a press conference in Washington.
Marcus testified before the Education Subcommittee of the US Senate Committee on Allocations, documenting the Palestinian Authority's indoctrination of children to seek death as Shahids – Martyrs – for public relations purposes. He has also presented before members of Congress, and to members of Parliament in numerous countries including, the European Union, Britain, France, Canada, and Australia, and has lectured in universities and conferences world wide.
Marcus is a featured source for the documentary Obsession: Radical Islam's War Against the West.
- Brown, 2003, p. 296.
- Great Britain: Parliament: House of Lords: European Union Committee, 2007, p. 196.
- Barak Ravid (31.01.12). "Officials: Israel outsources monitoring of Palestinian media after IDF lapse". Haaretz. Retrieved 05.03.12.
- Monheit & Cantor, 2004, p. 69.
- MAxine Dovere (2012-05-19). "Exposing The Palestinian Media". The Jerusalem Post. Retrieved 2012-07-26.
- Brown, Nathan J. (2003). Palestinian politics after the Oslo accords: resuming Arab Palestine. University of California Press. ISBN 978-0-520-24115-2
- Great Britain: Parliament: House of Lords: European Union Committee (2007). The EU and the Middle East Peace process: 26th report of session 2006–07, Vol. 2: Evidence. HMSO. 9780104011225
- Monheit, Alan C. & Cantor Joel C. (2004). State health insurance market reform: toward inclusive and sustainable health insurance markets. Routledge. ISBN 978-0-415-70035-1
|This Israeli biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|