|Industry||Computer software, Software testing, Service virtualization|
|Headquarters||Plano, Texas USA|
|John Michelsen, Ruston Vickers, Shridhar Mittal, Jon Lauck, Robert Humphrey|
|Products||LISA Service Virtualization, LISA Development Cloud Manager, LISA Continuous Validation, LISA Pathfinder, LISA Test|
ITKO is an enterprise software company based in Plano, Texas. ITKO's LISA product suite is designed to improve the effectiveness of application development teams, especially those involved in custom applications, SOA, and cloud computing. ITKO became a CA Technologies company in 2011.
Company founders John Michelsen and Ruston Vickers were operating a custom software consulting company when they invented the test engine kernel of LISA 1.0 in 1999 to provide high-volume load testing of a Java-based trading network.
Since the first commercial release of LISA 2.0 in 2002, ITKO has increasingly focused on testing the many disparate types of components and technologies that can make up distributed, Internet-based enterprise applications.
Shridhar Mittal became president and CEO in September 2005.
The LISA suite includes the following products:
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (December 2012)|
- LISA Service Virtualization (or Virtualize): Pioneered the concept of service virtualization, which involves creating virtual models to simulate the behavior of constrained resources to eliminate dependencies on unavailable or inaccessible resources during the software development and testing phases.
- LISA Test: Provides an automated testing solution for distributed application architectures that leverage SOA, BPM, integration suites, and ESBs. Product teams can use LISA Test to design and execute automated unit, functional, regression, integration, load, and performance tests. They can test multiple layers of the distributed architecture, including Rich Internet Application UIs and heterogeneous middle-tier technologies.
- LISA Validate: Helps organizations to ensure that changes to individual services do not cause unintended consequences for business requirements and policies.
- LISA Pathfinder: Improves the ability of development and testing teams to identify and fix defects in complex, distributed systems.
- Bounds, Jeff (April 2, 2006). "iTKO's bet on testing pays off". Dallas Business Journal.
- Hutchinson, James (October 12, 2010). "ANZ picks up in-house testing platform". Computerworld.
- Jarzemsky, Matt (June 29, 2011). "CA To Acquire Software Maker Interactive TKO For $330M". The Wall Street Journal.
- Hickey, Andrew (June 30, 2011). "CA Cloud Spending Spree Continues With $330 Million ITKO Purchase". CRN.
- "CA Technologies completes Interactive, Watchmouse acquisitions". Computer Technology Review. August 16, 2011.
- Worthington, Dave (December 15, 2007). "Virtualizing the Development Life Cycle". SD Times.
- O'Connor, Paul (January 21, 2008). "SOA World Product Review: iTKO LISA 4 SOA Testing". SOA World Magazine.
- CA LISA Service Virtualization (former ITKO LISA product)
- ServiceVirtualization.Com community forum
- Old ITKO Home Page
- Virtualization Journal article byline: "Are SOA and Virtualization Related?" March 2, 2008.
- SearchSOA article "SOA Virtualization Gets Real," Rich Seeley, November 28, 2007.