From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2008)
Ittan-momen (一反木綿 "one bolt(tan) of cotton") is a Tsukumogami formed from a roll of cotton in Japanese myth. Most has been handed down to the Kagoshima Osumi district. The Ittan-momen "flies through the air at night" and "attacks humans, often by wrapping around their faces to smother them."
In popular culture
- In the anime/manga series, Inu x Boku SS, one of the characters; Renshō Sorinozuka, is an Ittan-momen.
- In the tokusatsu franchise, Super Sentai, the Ittan-momen was seen as a basis of a monster in series installments themed after Japanese culture.
- In Ninja Sentai Kakuranger, one of the Youkai Army Corps members the Kakurangers fought was an Ittan-momen.
- In Samurai Sentai Shinkenger, one of the Ayakashi, named Urawadachi, served as the basis of the Ittan-momen within the series.
- In Shuriken Sentai Ninninger, one of the Youkai the Ninningers fought was an Ittan-momen, with elements borrowed from a carpet and a magician.