|Born||September 22, 1986|
|Height||1.7 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Weight||140 kg (310 lb)|
Detenamo represented Nauru at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, finishing 14th in the men's 105+kg category. He won a bronze medal at the 2006 Commonwealth Games, and three gold medals at the 2007 South Pacific Games.
Detenamo's father and older sister are also weightlifters.
- Biography on the website of the Beijing Olympics
- "Nauru Weightlifter Hoists Island's Hopes of First Olympic Medal", Bloomberg, August 8, 2008
- "DETENAMO Itte". International Weightlifting Federation.
- "Nauru to send one athlete to Beijing Olympics", Indo-Asian News Service, July 22, 2008
- "Nauru lifter misses medals, aims for 2012", Associated Press, August 19, 2008
- "Lifting weight of a nation’s expectations", Hindustan Times, October 1, 2010
- "Weightlifter Detenamo is a one-man team for tiny Nauru", Chicago Tribune, August 16, 2008
|This biographical article relating to a Nauruan sportsperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|