|Iulia Antoanella Motoc|
August 20, 1967 |
|Occupation||Judge at European Court of Human Rights, professor and lawyer|
Iulia Antoanella Motoc is the Romanian [ judge at the European Court of Human Rights. She was Member of the United Nations Human Rights Committee. Motoc is a professor at the University of Bucharest, where she holds courses on International law, Human rights, European law. She has also lectured at several Universities, including NYU"", Yale University"", European University Institute, Florence and UN University, Tokyo. According to "Plaidoyer pour les droits de l'homme""" she was the youngest UN Special Rapporteur. Iulia Motoc was appointed judge at the Constitutional Court of Romania in 2010. In October 2013 she was elected as judge of the European Court of Human Rights. In December 18 she had her swearing in and has been officially made judge at ECHR.
Born in Timişoara, she graduated from the School of Law at the University of Bucharest. Iulia Antoanella Motoc holds a master's degree from the Paul Cézanne University School of Law, Aix-Marseille, a doctorate in international law from Paul Cézanne University, Aix-Marseille (summa cum laude), an habilitation in law from Jean Monnet Department University Paris Sud and a doctorate in ethics from the University of Bucharest, Department of Philosophy. Iulia Antoanella Motoc is a former member and President of the UN Sub commission on the promotion and protection of Human Rights. She was also UN Special Rapporteur for human rights situation in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, and the youngest human rights Special Rapporteur of the United Nations (according to "Plaidoyer pour les droits de l'homme"). In this quality she paid special attention to violence against women and children. She visited NYU School of Law as a Fulbright scholar co-teaching courses in International Law and Yale Law School as Senior Schell Fellow. She was prized for her academic achievements and elected in the several prestigious academic Boards, ESIL, International Board of Academics and Practitioners Melbourne University, TMC Asser Netherlands, EMA Director, EIUC Venice. She is a UN Special Rapporteur on Human Genome and Human Rights, Member of the Human Rights Committee and Member of the Advisory Committee for the Framework Convention on the Protection on Minorities, Council of Europe. Iulia Antoanella Motoc is an arbiter and conciliator with ICSID Washington.
- Star of Romania (2012)
- Saints "Constantin and Elena" order (2012)
- K. Koufa, Preface, Pladoyer pour les droits de l'homme, Universite Pantheon-Assas Paris 2, Universite de Bucharest, 2008 ISBN 978-973-737-567-4
- Challenges in Aid to Rape Victims: the Case of the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- M BOSMANS - Essex Human Rights Review, 2007
- Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung on 19 June 2006
- S Zleptnig - International and Comparative Law Quarterly, 2008 - Cambridge Univ Press
- J Carino - Arizona Journal of International and Comparative Law, 2005 – R McMahon - Transitions Online, 2005 - CEEOL
- curtea constitutionala a romaniei www.ccr.ro
- ECHR official judges list