Iván González López
|Full name||Iván González López|
|Date of birth||15 February 1988|
|Place of birth||Torremolinos, Spain|
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|Current club||Erzgebirge Aue|
|2011–2012||→ Real Madrid B (loan)||21||(1)|
|2012–2013||Real Madrid B||29||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 15 March 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Torremolinos, Province of Málaga, González finished his football grooming with local Málaga CF, and made his first-team – and La Liga – debut on 22 November 2009, at home against Real Zaragoza, and made immediate impact as he rescued the Andalusia side from defeat by scoring with his head in the 74th minute, in a 1–1 draw.
After the arrival of manager Manuel Pellegrini, González appeared more as a defensive midfielder than in his natural position, but was also deemed surplus to requirements in December 2010, alongside five other players – he eventually stayed at the club. However, on 28 January 2011, he was loaned to Real Madrid Castilla in Segunda División B for the rest of the season and the following, making his official debut on 6 February in a 2–0 win at Pontevedra CF.
On 11 September 2011, in a match against Coruxo FC, Iván scored his first goal for Castilla, also being sent off in the match, a 1–1 away draw. The following month, on 16 October, he again received his marching orders, now in a 0–1 away loss against Rayo Vallecano B.
After his loan stint at Castilla, González returned to Málaga, but his remaining one-year contract was terminated and again signed with Castilla.
On 6 August 2010 González was called by coach Luis Milla to the Spanish under-21 team, for the 2011 UEFA European Football Championship qualifier against Finland.
- Real Madrid Castilla
- "Bad-tempered tie leaves Malaga bottom". ESPN FC. 22 November 2009. Retrieved 8 December 2013.
- "Real Madrid, Atletico tracking Malaga defender Ivan Gonzalez". Tribal Football. 18 January 2010. Retrieved 8 December 2013.
- "Liverpool, Hull target Malaga central defender Ivan Gonzalez". Imscouting.[dead link]
- "Liverpool set to move for Spanish defender". Give Me Football.[dead link]
- Jiménez, Bárbara (11 September 2011). "1–1: El Castilla se quedó sin un triunfo merecido a dos minutos del final" [1–1: Castilla loses deserved win two minutes from time] (in Spanish). Real Madrid. Retrieved 8 December 2013.
- "Málaga CF e Iván González llegan a un acuerdo de desvinculación" [Málaga CF and Iván González reach parting agreement] (in Spanish). Málaga CF. 13 July 2012. Retrieved 8 December 2013.
- "Veilchen verpflichten spanischen Innenverteidiger Ivan Gonzalez" (in German). FC Erzgebirge Aue. 20 September 2013. Retrieved 8 December 2013.
- "Consulta la última convocatoria de la Selección Sub-21" [Check out the last U-21 team callup] (in Spanish). RFEF. 6 August 2010. Retrieved 8 December 2013.
- Real Madrid official profile (Spanish)
- BDFutbol profile
- Futbolme profile (Spanish)
- Transfermarkt profile
- Guardian Stats Centre