18 June 1894|
|Died||31 March 1953
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Wera Engels (1941-?)|
Ivan Lebedeff (18 June 1894 – 31 March 1953) was a Russian film actor. He appeared in 66 films between 1926 and 1953.
He migrated to the United States in 1925 and in 1930 was recorded at Los Angeles as an actor.
On August 15, 1937, he was recorded as re-entering the United States from Mexico, when it was noted that he had resided in the U. S. between October 2, 1925 and October 14, 1930, and again between April 20, 1932, and August 13, 1937. His closest relation was given as his sister Nathalie Lebedeff, of Nice, in the south of France.
On November 12, 1937, he was naturalized in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California.
He died on March 31, 1953.
- The Sorrows of Satan (1926)
- The Angel of Broadway (1927)
- Walking Back (1928)
- Street Girl (1929)
- They Had to See Paris (1929)
- Sin Town (1929)
- Midnight Mystery (1930)
- Conspiracy (1930)
- Bachelor Apartment (1931)
- The Lady Refuses (1931)
- The Gay Diplomat (1931)
- Unholy Love (1932)
- Kansas City Princess (1934)
- Love on the Run (1936)
- Wise Girl (1937)
- History Is Made at Night (1937)
- The Mystery of Mr. Wong (1939)
- Oh, What a Night (1944)
- Date taken from naturalization papers and death index entry
- 1930 U.S. Federal Census for Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California, ED 53, Sheet 11B, Dwelling 231, Family 317, Charles Danziger household. Ivan B. Lebedeff, guest, male, white, 35y, single, Lithuania, Russia, Albania, speaks Russian, immigration 1925, alien, actor.
- Reentry via Mexico. Border Crossings: From Mexico to U.S., 1895-1957, Ancestry.com: "Jean or Ivan Lebedeff, b. Uzpaliai, Lithuania, 43y, male, actor, last permenant residence: Plaza Hotel, Hollywood, CA, returning to last residence, closest relative: sister, Nathalie Lebedeff, 42 Bros 3t de Dr. Richelini, Nice, France. Description of immigrant: 6'0", dk brown hair, brown eyes, fair complexion, sm mole over right eyebrow; all departure and reentry paperwork was in order. Resided in U.S. 2 Oct 1925-14 Oct 1930 and 20 Apr 1932-13 Aug 1937.
- Two index cards on Ancestry.com. Actual paperwork can be found on Footnote.com. Declaration #61076, 15 June 1932 (vol 110, pg 476); Petition #56130, 10 August 1937 (vol. 319, p. 48)
- Death. CA Death Index, 1940-1997, Ancestry.com