Santaromita at the 2013 Vuelta a España.
|Full name||Ivan Santaromita|
30 April 1984 |
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Weight||58 kg (128 lb)|
|→ Quick Step-Innergetic (stagiaire)
BMC Racing Team
|National Road Race Championships (2013)|
|Infobox last updated on
1 January 2014
Ivan Santaromita (born 30 April 1984) is an Italian professional road bicycle racer for UCI ProTeam Orica-GreenEDGE. Born in Varese, Santaromita turned professional with Quick Step-Innergetic in 2006 before moving to Liquigas in 2008. In 2010, he took his first significant victory as a professional in the Settimana Internazionale Coppi e Bartali, dominating the stage race as he won it with more than a minute-and-a-half of an advantage over Przemysław Niemiec.
In 2013, Santaromita won the third stage of the Giro del Trentino. He approached the finish line with Michele Scarponi and Paolo Tiralongo, the trio being the remnants of an early breakaway. Santaromita outsprinted the pair to claim his first victory since 2010. Santaromita left the BMC Racing Team at the end of the 2013 season, and joined Orica-GreenEDGE for the 2014 season.
Grand Tour general classification results timeline
WD = Withdrew; In Progress = IP
- "Santaromita joins Orica-GreenEdge for 2014". VeloNews (Competitor Group, Inc.). 12 August 2013. Retrieved 12 August 2013.
- "Huzarski solos to Sassuolo". Cyclingnews.com (Future plc). 27 March 2010. Retrieved 19 April 2013.
- "BMC Racing Team (BMC) – USA". UCI World Tour. Union Cycliste Internationale. Retrieved 3 January 2013.
- Shane Stokes (18 April 2013). "Giro del Trentino: Santaromita outsprints Tiralongo and Scarponi to grab first victory since 2010". VeloNation (VeloNation LLC). Retrieved 19 April 2013.
Media related to Ivan Santaromita at Wikimedia Commons
- Ivan Santaromita profile at Cycling Archives
|This biographical article relating to Italian cycling is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|