Turina in 2012.
|Full name||Ivan Turina|
|Date of birth||3 October 1980|
|Place of birth||Zagreb, Croatia|
|Date of death||2 May 2013(aged 32)|
|Place of death||Solna, Sweden|
|Height||1.97 m (6 ft 5 1⁄2 in)|
|1999–2000||→ Croatia Sesvete (loan)||0||(0)|
|2001–2002||→ Kamen Ingrad (loan)||11||(0)|
|2002–2003||→ Osijek (loan)||15||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
† Appearances (Goals).
On 11 September 2009, Turina terminated his contract with Lech Poznań and started training with Dinamo Zagreb later that month. On 28 January 2010, Dinamo Zagreb confirmed the signing of Turina on a short-term contract until the end of the 2009–10 season.
Turina finished his career in Sweden, playing three seasons for AIK before his death in 2013.
Turina earned one cap for the Croatian national football team in 1 February 2006 in a match against Hong Kong, at Carlsberg Cup which was held in Hong Kong. Ivan was subbed at half-time and replaced Joey Didulica.
On 2 May 2013, Turina died in his sleep in his apartment in Solna. His wife did not realize what had happened until the morning. The autopsy report, released on 10 July 2013, states that Turina's death was caused by cardiac dysrhythmia, a congenital heart defect. He is survived by one-year-old twin daughters and a pregnant wife.
Dinamo Zagreb, Turina's youth team where he also started his professional career, played a charity game against AIK at Friends Arena to honour Turina, on 13 May 2013. All proceedings from this game went to Turina's family. The game was 2 x 27 minutes long. Former AIK players Krister Nordin and Nebojša Novaković played in the charity game, which Zagreb won 1–0 in front of 8,058 spectators. Turina's family received 1.5 million SEK as a result of the charity event.
- "Turina: Dinamo je izazov, ali ne želim se nametati klubu" (in Croatian)
- "Sivonjić u Interu, Turina u Dinamu" (in Croatian)
- "AIK goalkeeper Ivan Turina found dead in his Stockholm apartment". Reuters (Guardian.co.uk). 2 May 2013.
- "AIK goalkeeper Turina dies aged 32". UEFA.com. 2 May 2013.
- "U snu umro bivši Dinamov vratar Ivan Turina (33)". Večernji list. Retrieved 2 May 2013.
- ”Tolkade det som att han snarkade” aftonbladet.se 2013-05-02.
- Zyto, Karol (2013-07-10). "Slutgiltig obduktionsrapport". aikfotboll.se (in Swedish) (AIK Fotboll). Retrieved 2013-07-10.
- Rørtveit, Tore. "– Sterkt å se voksne menn gråte". Tv2.
- Mellerborg, Stefan; Bjuggren, Jonathan (2013-05-13). "8 058 på Ivan Turina Charity Game". aikfotboll.se. AIK Fotboll. Retrieved 2013-05-16.
- Mellerborg, Stefan (2013-05-14). "Comeback för AIK-legendarer". aikfotboll.se. AIK Fotboll. Retrieved 2013-05-16.
- Bergström, Kristoffer (2013-05-14). "Spelade in 1,5 miljoner till Turinas familj". Aftonbladet. Retrieved 2013-05-16.