Trump at the 2012 Tribeca Film Festival
|Born||Ivanka Marie Trump
October 30, 1981
New York City, New York
|Residence||New York City, New York|
|Alma mater||University of Pennsylvania (B.S.)|
|Occupation||Businesswoman, fashion model, writer|
|Title||Executive Vice-President of The Trump Organization|
|Spouse(s)||Jared Kushner (m. 2009)|
|Relatives||Donald Trump Jr. (brother)
Eric Trump (brother)
Tiffany Trump (half-sister)
Barron Trump (half-brother)
Ivanka Marie Trump (born October 30, 1981) is an American businesswoman, writer, and former model. In her role as Executive Vice President of Development & Acquisitions at The Trump Organization, Trump is involved with all aspects of the company's real estate and hotel management initiatives. Ivanka Trump is the principal of Ivanka Trump Fine Jewelry. The Ivanka Trump Lifestyle Collection also includes fragrance, footwear, handbags, outerwear and eyewear collections. She is the daughter of real estate mogul Donald Trump
Ivanka Trump was born in New York City to parents Ivana Trump and American business magnate Donald Trump. Her parents divorced in 1991, when she was about 10 years old. She has four full and half siblings: Donald Jr., Eric, Tiffany, and Barron.
Trump attended The Chapin School in New York until age 15, then transferred to and graduated from Choate Rosemary Hall in Wallingford, Connecticut. She spent two years at Georgetown University, then transferred to the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania, graduating cum laude in 2004 with a B.S. in Economics.
Before joining the family business, Trump worked for Forest City Enterprises, and joined forces with Dynamic Diamond Corp., a diamond trading company sightholder, to design and introduce a line of jewelry at the brand's first flagship retail store called Ivanka Trump on Madison Avenue.
Trump is currently Executive Vice President of Development & Acquisitions at The Trump Organization. On the work drive among her and her siblings, she has stated, "I look at my brothers and myself and I’m, like, really proud of the fact that nobody’s, like, totally fucked-up. Nobody’s a drug addict, nobody’s driving around chasing women, snorting coke."
She has also released her own line of handbags and footwear. Trump serves on the Board of 100 Women in Hedge Funds, an industry organization which provides support to women professionals in finance.
Trump's first cover was a 1997 issue of Seventeen. Since then, she has made her way down fashion runways for Versace, Marc Bouwer and Thierry Mugler. She has done advertisement campaigns for Tommy Hilfiger and Sassoon Jeans and was featured on the cover of Stuff in August 2006 and again in September 2007. She was also featured on the covers of Forbes, Golf Magazine, Avenue Magazine, Elle Mexico and in the October 2007 issue of Harper's Bazaar. She placed Number 83 in the 2007 Maxim Hot 100. She has also placed Number 99 in the Top 99 Women of 2007 and then at 84 in the 2008 edition on AskMen.com. Trump's page in the Fashion Model Directory provides complete professional details of her prior work in that domain. Ivanka Trump also was featured on the cover of Top Choice Magazine.
In 2006, she filled in for Carolyn Kepcher on five episodes of her father's television program The Apprentice 5, first appearing to help judge the Gillette task in week 2. Like Kepcher, Trump visited the site of the tasks and spoke to the teams, asking them pointed questions. She also evaluated contestants in the boardroom, pointing out critical errors and rebutting excuses they offered for losing the tasks. Though initially unsympathetic to the contestants, Trump later said, "Whenever I see their breakdowns, I understand. They go virtually 24 hours a day, and each task takes about three days. Unless they win, they don't get a day off... It's an incredible amount of work..." Trump now collaborates with season 5 winner Sean Yazbeck on his winner's project of choice, Trump SoHo Hotel-Condominium.
Other TV appearances
In 1997, she hosted the Miss Teen USA Pageant, which is partially owned by her father, Donald Trump. In 2003, she was featured in Born Rich, a documentary about the experience of growing up as a child in one of the world's most affluent families. During an April 2006 appearance on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Jay Leno commented that he could hear her father's influence and inflections in her. David Letterman also made a similar comment when she appeared on Late Show with David Letterman on April 24, 2007.
Trump was a featured guest-judge on Project Runway Season 3. She was also at a Milwaukee, Wisconsin, event in April 2007 called the Creating Wealth Summit in which she spoke for about 30 minutes about making money and her latest projects. She has been offered to appear on The Bachelorette, but she declined. On October 25, 2010, Trump along with her husband, Jared Kushner, showed up on Season 4 Episode 6 of Gossip Girl portraying themselves for a brief time.
Ivanka Trump wrote a book called The Trump Card: Playing to Win in Work and Life, which was published in October 2009.
During college, she was in a nearly four year relationship with Greg Hirsch. From 2001-2005, she was in a three and a half year relationship with James "Bingo" Gubelmann. In 2006, she dated That '70s Show's Topher Grace.
On October 25, 2009, Trump married businessman Jared Kushner. Jared Kushner's father Charles Kushner owns Kushner Properties and Jared shares in the ownership. Jared is also the owner of The New York Observer in Bedminster, New Jersey. In July 2011, Trump gave birth to her first child, a daughter named Arabella Rose. In April 2013, Trump announced that she was pregnant with her second child. On October 14, 2013, she gave birth to a baby boy named Joseph Frederick Kushner.
- Trump, Ivanka (2009). The Trump Card: Playing to Win in Work and Life. Touchstone. ISBN 978-1439140017.
- Gurley, George (January 29, 2007). "Trump Power". Marie Claire. Retrieved February 19, 2010.
- a "At 15, she transferred to tony Choate Rosemary Hall in Connecticut. "I was all of a sudden in the prison of boarding-school life, and all my friends in New York were having fun," she recalls." — Pg. 4, ¶ 1
- b "After graduating cum laude from Wharton with a B.A. in economics..." — Pg. 4, ¶ 4
- c "In November 2005, Ivanka exited a three-and-a-half year relationship with documentary producer and playboy James "Bingo" Gubelmann." — Pg. 4, ¶ 7
- Van Meter, Jonathan (December 13, 2004). "Did Their Father Really Know Best?". New York Magazine. Retrieved November 7, 2014.
- a "Eventually, Ivanka went off to Choate, and Eric and Donny were sent to the Hill School in Pottstown, Pennsylvania, an institution known for being regimented. “Dysfunctional families in the city all send their kids to boarding school, and that’s when they’re doing coke and getting completely messed up,” says a friend who went to school with Ivanka. “It’s like they shuffle them off.” But the Trumps, she says, did it “with love instead of being like, ‘Get lost. Go to Choate, and don’t call us.’ It was more a way of protecting them.” — Pg. 1, ¶ 14
- b "Let me tell you one thing: Ivanka is a great, great beauty. Every guy in the country wants to go out with my daughter. But she’s got a boyfriend,” 24-year-old socialite Bingo Gubelmann." — Pg. 5, ¶ 3
- La Ferla, Ruth. Introducing the Ivanka, The New York Times, December 27, 2007. Accessed February 19, 2010.
- DePaulo, Lisa (April 2007). "Ivanka Trump's Plan For Total World Domination". GQ Magazine. Retrieved February 19, 2010.
- a "...graduated summa cum laude from Wharton! Who actually works for a living! “I look at my brothers and myself and I’m, like, really proud of the fact that nobody’s, like, totally fucked-up. Nobody’s a drug addict, nobody’s driving around chasing women, snorting coke." — Pg. 1, ¶ 10-11
- b "She’s had two really long relationships. Both lasted almost four years. The most recent was with the socialite Bingo Gubelmann. Bingo? “Well, James.” Did you call him Bingo? “Everyone called him Bingo. That was his name, sort of.” And the one before that? “Greg.” What did Greg do? “Nothing. We were in college. It was actually a little before college.” Are you still friends with them? “Um, I am. It’s difficult being friends with an ex. I marvel at how people do it so seamlessly.”" — Pg. 3, ¶ 9
- Fitch, Stephane. "The Real Apprentices". forbes.com.
- "Ivanka Trump shoes". heels.com. Retrieved June 22, 2013.
- O'Reilly, Kelly (June 3, 2010). "Ivanka Trump Adds Handbags to the Mix". Nbc. Retrieved June 22, 2013.
- "Ivanka Trump". 100 Women in Hedge Funds. 100 Women in Hedge Funds. Retrieved 27 September 2014.
- Keith, Bill (September 2006). "Ivanka on Top". Stuff Magazine Online. Retrieved August 17, 2006.
- page at the Fashion Model Directory
- "Top Choice Magazine – Fall 2012 – Cover – Ivanka Trump". http://topchoicemagazine.com. Retrieved 29 July 2014.
- "Ivanka Trump to appear on 'Apprentice'". Associated Press. March 2, 2006.
- Soho Hotel, Downtown New York Hotels Trump Soho
- Trump Soho
- "Ivanka Trump: I Love My Dad's Hair". People. January 27, 2007.
- "Gossip Girl" at IMDB
- The Trump Card: Playing to Win in Work and Life, Amazon.com, accessed April 11, 2011.
- "People.com". Ivanka Trump & Topher Grace Cozy Up. Retrieved October 12, 2007.
- "Report: Tycoon Donald Trump's daughter converting to Judaism". Haaretz. October 30, 2008.
- Messer, Lesley. Ivanka Trump Converts to Judaism for Fiancé, People, July 17, 2009. Accessed February 19, 2010.
- The View, October 26, 2009
- "Ivanka Trump Marries Jared Kusher in Lavish Ceremony". People.com. October 25, 2009. Retrieved February 21, 2011.
- United Press International, Wedding Gifts for the Couple Who Have Everything New York Times
- LexiB (2009-10-26). "Ivanka Trump, Jared Kushner Wed". "LexiB.net". Retrieved 2009-10-26.
- "Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner welcome baby girl". Herald Sun. July 17, 2011. Retrieved July 17, 2011.
- "Ivanka Trump tweets birth announcement of 1st child, a daughter born in NYC". Washington Post. July 17, 2011. Retrieved July 17, 2011.
- Trump, Ivanka (April 11, 2013). "Jared and I are excited that Arabella will become a big sister this fall. Thanks for all your good wishes! xo Ivanka". Twitter. Retrieved May 21, 2013.
- "Ivanka Trump – Top Choice Award 2012 – Businesswoman of the Year". http://youtube.com. 8 November 2012. Retrieved 29 July 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ivanka Trump.|
- Official website
- Ivanka Trump at the Internet Movie Database
- Ivanka Trump at the Fashion Model Directory