Ivano-Frankivsk International Airport
|This article is outdated. (March 2013)|
Міжнародний аеропорт "Івано-Франківськ"
|Elevation AMSL||919 ft / 280 m|
Ivano-Frankivsk International Airport, Ukrainian Міжнародний аеропорт Івано-Франківськ (IATA: IFO, ICAO: UKLI) is an airport in Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine, some 4.4 km (2.7 mi) by road from the town center.
Ivano-Frankivsk airport is an international airport and has maintained border and customs operations since 1992. The airport is located at the site of the former village of Opryshivtsi. Its traffic capacity is claimed to be 400 passengers per hour. Officials have made efforts in the past to promote the airport and its relative proximity to the Bukovel ski area, Vorokhta and the Carpathian National Nature Park, and other quiet, spectacular mountain environments.
A second concrete runway, 6,325 ft (1,928 m) long, is now used by the military as a parking lot, and a large apron (located northwest of the civilian terminal) is still in use by the Ukrainian Air Force (Військово-Повітряні Сили України).
Airlines and destinations
Seasonal: Dnipropetrovsk, Kharkiv, Moscow-Domodedovo, Odessa
|Ukraine International Airlines||Kiev-Boryspil|
- Ivano-Frankivsk International Airport
- Airport information for UKLI at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
- (Russian) Airport data
- Кий авіа: Airport directory
- (US) National Weather Service: current weather observations at UKLI/IFO
- (Ukrainian) Updated weather forecasts
- Aviation Safety: Accident history for UKLI
- Airliners.net: Caption of Ivano-Frankivsk passenger terminal
- (Ukrainian) “Anti-monopoly Committee” about Ivano-Frankivsk Airport's and oblast's policies
- According to Ukrainebiz.com
- (Ukrainian) Національний природний парк „Карпатський”
- See also Soviet Air Force history at http://www.ww2.dk/new/air%20force/regiment/iap/145iap.htm
- "Flight schedule". http://dniproavia.com/. «Dniproavia» airlines. Retrieved 19 September 2014.