|Ивановская область (Russian)|
|— Oblast —|
|Established||March 11, 1936|
|Government (as of October 2013)|
|- Acting Governor||Pavel Konkov|
|- Legislature||Oblast Duma|
|Area (as of the 2002 Census)|
|- Total||21,800 km2 (8,417.0 sq mi)|
|Population (2010 Census)|
|- Density||48.7 /km2 (126 /sq mi)|
|Time zone(s)||MSK (UTC+04:00)|
Ivanovo Industrial Oblast (Ива́новская промы́шленная о́бласть) was established on January 14, 1929. On March 11, 1936, the this area became the modern Ivanovo Oblast while other territories of the province were split to create Yaroslavl Oblast.
Relief and Geogology
||This article may require copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone, or spelling. (October 2013)|
The surface of the Ivanovo region is gently undulating, sometimes flat, low-lying plain, the altitude of which only the extreme south- east of the region, where the boundary slopes are suitable Moscow Upland, reaches 212 meters above sea level. The lowest point of the area - 75 meters above sea level, is located on the banks of the river Klyazma.
In the north of the area from the west to the east stretches a chain of terminal moraines of glaciers Moscow - Rostov- Plesskii ridge, the highest point of which reaches a height of 195 meters. In the Trans-Volga part of it goes into the Galich - Chuhlomskuyu ridge with a maximum mark of 196 meters.
Entre Rios, does not fill with melted glacial waters are formed Dnieper moraine deposits . In the hollows between the hills were formed flow of the lake, then many of them have turned into swamps. On the banks of the rivers by water erosion formed by deep ravines. In the south of the area in Savinskiy, Yuzhsky, Shuya, Palekh common areas karst topography in the form of craters, sinkhole lakes and karst sinkholes .
Ivanovo Region is located in the center of the East European Plain. From the tectonic point of view, this platform calm area located under the south wing of the Moscow basin. The depth of the crystalline basement ranges from 1600 m in the south to 3000 meters in the north area. Of greatest interest are those geological features that can be seen while hiking and sightseeing. In particular :
Jurassic and Triassic outcrops along the banks of the Volga Legkovsky limestone quarry in the area Yuzhsky Sinkholes and karst lake in Savinskiy, Yuzhsky, Shuya, Palekh areas. Peat career Teykovskogo, Komsomolsk, Savinskoye, Yuzhsky and other areas. Sand-and- gravel pits along the edge of terminal moraines Moscow glaciation.
During the Soviet period, the high authority in the oblast was shared between three persons: The first secretary of the Ivanovo CPSU Committee (who in reality had the biggest authority), the chairman of the oblast Soviet (legislative power), and the Chairman of the oblast Executive Committee (executive power). Since 1991, CPSU lost all the power, and the head of the Oblast administration, and eventually the governor was appointed/elected alongside elected regional parliament.
The Charter of Ivanovo Oblast is the fundamental law of the region. The Legislative Assembly of Ivanovo Oblast is the province's standing legislative (representative) body. The Legislative Assembly exercises its authority by passing laws, resolutions, and other legal acts and by supervising the implementation and observance of the laws and other legal acts passed by it. The highest executive body is the Oblast Government, which includes territorial executive bodies such as district administrations, committees, and commissions that facilitate development and run the day to day matters of the province. The Oblast administration supports the activities of the Governor who is the highest official and acts as guarantor of the observance of the oblast Charter in accordance with the Constitution of Russia.
Industry in Ivanovo Region is subdivided into several main sectors, including the light, chemical and petrochemical, food, forest, peat, engineering and metalworking, power, and building material industries. The primary and most developed sector is light industry, made up of the clothing, knitting, textile, and shoe industries. Companies in this sector employ half of the region's industrial workers. The textile industry, which began developing in the last quarter of the 17th century, is of fundamental importance. Textile companies in the region produce half of Russia's textiles. Engineering occupies an important place in the region's industry. Engineering companies manufacture mobile cranes, looms and machine tools, excavators, combing machinery, instrumentation, and car components. The woodworking and pulp and paper industries also make a significant contribution to the regional economy. Forests of the region serve as a source of raw materials for these industries. The food industry produces a variety of goods that are in demand in many Russian regions, as well as abroad, e.g., sausage, mayonnaise, flour, cereals, canned meats and milk, confectionery, pasta, and alcohol.
- Births: 11 581 (11.0 per 1000)
- Deaths: 17 679 (16.8 per 1000) 
- Total fertility rate:
2009 - 1.44 | 2010 - 1.40 | 2011 - 1.41 | 2012 - 1.51(e)
Ethnic composition (2010):
- Russians: 95.6%
- Ukrainians: 0.8%
- Tatars: 0.7%
- Armenians: 0.4%
- Azeris: 0.3%
- Others: 2.2%
- 54,882 people were registered from administrative databases, and could not declare an ethnicity. It is estimated that the proportion of ethnicities in this group is the same as that of the declared group.
According to a 2012 official survey 46.5% of the population of Ivanovo Oblast adheres to the Russian Orthodox Church, 8% adheres to other Orthodox Churches, 2% are unaffiliated generic Christians, 1% of the population adheres to Slavic Rodnovery (Slavic Neopaganism), and 1% are Muslims. In addition, 28% of the population deems itself to be "spiritual but not religious", 13% is atheist, and 0.5% follows other religions or did not give an answer to the question.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ivanovo Oblast.|
- Президент Российской Федерации. Указ №849 от 13 мая 2000 г. «О полномочном представителе Президента Российской Федерации в федеральном округе». Вступил в силу 13 мая 2000 г. Опубликован: "Собрание законодательства РФ", №20, ст. 2112, 15 мая 2000 г. (President of the Russian Federation. Decree #849 of May 13, 2000 On the Plenipotentiary Representative of the President of the Russian Federation in a Federal District. Effective as of May 13, 2000.).
- Госстандарт Российской Федерации. №ОК 024-95 27 декабря 1995 г. «Общероссийский классификатор экономических регионов. 2. Экономические районы», в ред. Изменения №5/2001 ОКЭР. (Gosstandart of the Russian Federation. #OK 024-95 December 27, 1995 Russian Classification of Economic Regions. 2. Economic Regions, as amended by the Amendment #5/2001 OKER. ).
- Charter, Article 9.3
- Charter, Article 9.4
- Федеральная служба государственной статистики (Federal State Statistics Service) (2004-05-21). "Территория, число районов, населённых пунктов и сельских администраций по субъектам Российской Федерации (Territory, Number of Districts, Inhabited Localities, and Rural Administration by Federal Subjects of the Russian Federation)". Всероссийская перепись населения 2002 года (All-Russia Population Census of 2002) (in Russian). Federal State Statistics Service. Retrieved 2011-11-01.
- "Всероссийская перепись населения 2010 года. Том 1" [2010 All-Russian Population Census, vol. 1]. Всероссийская перепись населения 2010 года (2010 All-Russia Population Census) (in Russian). Federal State Statistics Service. 2011. Retrieved June 29, 2012.
- The density value was calculated by dividing the population reported by the 2010 Census by the area shown in the "Area" field. Please note that this value may not be accurate as the area specified in the infobox is not necessarily reported for the same year as the population.
- Правительство Российской Федерации. Постановление №725 от 31 августа 2011 г. «О составе территорий, образующих каждую часовую зону, и порядке исчисления времени в часовых зонах, а также о признании утратившими силу отдельных Постановлений Правительства Российской Федерации». Вступил в силу по истечении 7 дней после дня официального опубликования. Опубликован: "Российская Газета", №197, 6 сентября 2011 г. (Government of the Russian Federation. Resolution #725 of August 31, 2011 On the Composition of the Territories Included into Each Time Zone and on the Procedures of Timekeeping in the Time Zones, as Well as on Abrogation of Several Resolutions of the Government of the Russian Federation. Effective as of after 7 days following the day of the official publication.).
- Official the whole territory of Russia according to Article 68.1 of the Constitution of Russia.
- Ivanovo Region
- "Численность населения России, субъектов Российской Федерации в составе федеральных округов, районов, городских поселений, сельских населённых пунктов – районных центров и сельских населённых пунктов с населением 3 тысячи и более человек" [Population of Russia, its federal districts, federal subjects, districts, urban localities, rural localities—administrative centers, and rural localities with population of over 3,000]. Всероссийская перепись населения 2002 года (All-Russia Population Census of 2002) (in Russian). Federal State Statistics Service. May 21, 2004. Retrieved February 9, 2012.
- Demoscope Weekly (1989). "Всесоюзная перепись населения 1989 г. Численность наличного населения союзных и автономных республик, автономных областей и округов, краёв, областей, районов, городских поселений и сёл-райцентров." [All Union Population Census of 1989. Present population of union and autonomous republics, autonomous oblasts and okrugs, krais, oblasts, districts, urban settlements, and villages serving as district administrative centers]. Всесоюзная перепись населения 1989 года (All-Union Population Census of 1989) (in Russian). Institute of Demographics of the State University—Higher School of Economics. Retrieved February 9, 2012.
- Arena - Atlas of Religions and Nationalities in Russia. Sreda.org
- 2012 Survey Maps. "Ogonek", № 34 (5243), 27/08/2012. Retrieved 24-09-2012.
- Ивановская областная Дума. Закон №20-ОЗ от 18 февраля 2009 г. «Устав Ивановской области». Вступил в силу 1 марта 2009 г. Опубликован: "Ивановская газета", №28(4395), 19 февраля 2009 г. (Ivanovo Oblast Duma. Law #20-OZ of February 18, 2009 Charter of Ivanovo Oblast. Effective as of March 1, 2009.).