Ivari Padar (born 12 March 1965 in Navi, Võru Parish, Võru County) is an Estonian politician, former Minister of Finance and former chairman of the Estonian Social Democratic Party. He was Deputy Mayor of Võru from 1993 to 1994, Executive Chairman of the Võru Farmers Union from 1994 to 1995, and Assistant to the Chancellor at the Finance Ministry from 1995 to 1997. He was Minister of Agriculture from 1999 to 2002, Chairman of Võru City Council from 2002 to 2005, and a member of the Riigikogu from 2003 to 2007. In April 2007 he became Minister of Finance. He led the Social Democratic Party from 2003 to 2009. In 2009 he was elected Member of the European Parliament.
- CV at Estonian government website.
- Profile at Party of European Socialists website.
- Social Democratic Party website.
- "About Us – Reconciliation of European Histories Group". Reconciliation of European Histories Group. Retrieved 1 August 2011.
- "Et vend Ivari ei peaks pärast istungit kaposse minema" (in Estonian). Delfi. 2009-05-07.
|Minister of Agriculture
|Minister of Finance
Helir-Valdor Seeder (acting)
|This article about an Estonian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|