|Type||Infantry mobility vehicle|
|Place of origin||Italy|
|Weight||6.5 tons (STANAG 4569 Level 3)|
|Length||5,504 mm (216.7 in) (4,704 mm (185.2 in))|
|Width||2,050 mm (80.7 in)|
|Height||1,950 mm (76.8 in)|
|Armor||STANAG 4569 Level 1-4|
|Remote Weapon System|
|Engine||Iveco F1D Common Rail EURO 3
136 kW (185 PS; 182 hp)
|Payload capacity||1,200 kg (2,600 lb)|
|Transmission||6 speed automatic|
|Suspension||Independent, Double A-Arm|
|Ground clearance||473 mm (18.6 in)|
|500 km (310 mi)+|
|Speed||> 130 km/h (81 mph)|
Iveco LMV (Light Multirole Vehicle) is a 4WD tactical vehicle developed by Iveco, and in service with several countries.
After its adoption by the Italian Army under the name VTLM Lince (Lynx)(Veicolo-Tattico-Leggero-Multiruolo), it won the FCLV (Future Command and Liaison Vehicle) competition of the British Army as the Panther and has been adopted by the armies of Belgium, Croatia, Norway, Russia and Spain. The Italian Army took vehicles to both Afghanistan and Lebanon. In Afghanistan Lince vehicles have saved passengers' lives in several attacks with IEDs.
The LMV uses modular armor packs to adjust its level of protection to its mission requirements. As regards mine protection the vehicle's height from the ground has been increased to 493 mm without augmenting the overall height (less than 2 meters); it uses also suspended seats of aeronautical derivation, v-hull under body, and a collapsible sandwich structure in the floor to deflect and absorb mine blasts. Its exhaust is piped through its C-pillars, and its turbocharger is located underneath the engine to reduce its thermal signature. Mobility is helped by a run-flat system, allowing the vehicle to move even with completely deflated tires.
The Panther Command and Liaison Vehicle or Panther CLV is the British Army variant of Iveco LMV. The Panther CLV came from the "Future Command and Liaison Vehicle" (FCLV) project. Design modifications were made by BAE Systems to allow assembly at BAE Systems Land Systems' factory in Newcastle upon Tyne. The Panther seats 4, while the VTLM Lince seats 5. Over 400 Panthers are now being assembled at BAE Systems factory in Newcastle upon Tyne under a £160 million contract. It is intended that the Panther will replace vehicles including Combat Vehicle Reconnaissance (tracked) (CVRT), FV 432, Saxon and Land Rover Truck Utility Medium (TUM).
The armour protection is tuneable by the replacement of armour packs within the vehicle's external skin. The basic add-on armour pack provides ballistic protection against small arms fire and a heavier kit provides protection against ambush including mines.
Panther Command and Liaison Vehicle (CLV) are equipped with Enforcer RCWS weapons stations which are developed by SELEX Galileo. The weapon station can be armed with a 7.62mm or 12.7mm machine gun or a 40mm automatic grenade launcher.
- Austria: Austrian Army (150 Iveco LMV)
- Belgium: Belgian Land Component (440 Iveco LMV + 400 on option + 120 up-protection kit)
- Croatia: Croatian Army (12 Iveco LMV, 84 to be ordered at later stage for total requirement of 96 vehicles)
- Czech Republic: Czech Army (120 Iveco LMV)
- Italy: Italian Armed Forces, Guardia di Finanza (about 2,000 Iveco LMV in March 2013, planned 4,000)
- Lebanon: Lebanese Army (25 Iveco LMV) 
- Norway: Norwegian Army (170 Iveco LMV)
- Russia: Russian Army (57 delivered in 2012, 358 assembled between 2013 and 2014  )
- Slovakia: Slovak Army (40 Iveco M65E 4x4 LMV)
- Spain: Spanish Army (270 Iveco LMV in March 2013)
- Ukraine: Ukrainian Army (90 Iveco LMV authorized by Italian government on 14.9.2014 )
- United Kingdom: British Army (401 Panther CLV + 400 on option)
- FMC XR311
- Mowag Eagle
- ATF Dingo
- URO VAMTAC
- AMZ Żubr
- AMZ Tur
- Oshkosh M-ATV
- Nexter Aravis
- Ocelot (vehicle)
- RG-32 Scout
- "Multi-Role Light Vehicle (MLV/FCLV)". Retrieved 24 December 2014.
- Army Technology - British Army - FCLV (Future Command and Liaison Vehicle)
- "Defence News : mod.uk".[dead link]
- "Russia completes assembly of Iveco armoured vehicles". Retrieved 24 December 2014.
- "L'Ucraina ordina 90 blindati Iveco Costo: 41 milioni". Retrieved 24 December 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Iveco LMV.|
- LMV Iveco Defence Vehicles Technical data sheet - specifications - description - pictures
- Panther CLV Project Details on Army Technology
- Defence Update article on the Panther
- Panther Command and Liaison Vehicle (CLV)