Ivo Goldstein (center)
16 March 1958 |
Zagreb, SFR Yugoslavia, (now Croatia)
|Relatives||Slavko Goldstein (father)
Danijel Ivin (uncle)
He received his PhD in history at the University of Zagreb. Since 2001 he is a full professor at the Faculty of Philosophy in Zagreb. He deals with Byzantium and Croatian history in the Middle Ages, especially the early Middle Ages, as well as history of the Jews in Croatia and the Croatian history of 20th century.
He is former president of Bet Israel, a Jewish community in Zagreb, which he founded with his father, historian Slavko Goldstein. They are both involved with the reconstruction of the Zagreb Synagogue. In 2012 Goldstein was named as the new Ambassador of Croatia to France.
- Bizant na Jadranu (1992)
- Hrvatski rani srednji vijek (1995)
- Croatia: A History (2000)
- Holokaust u Zagrebu (2001)
- Židovi u Zagrebu 1918.-1941. (2005)
- Evropa i Sredozemlje u srednjem vijeku (2006)
- Hrvatska 1918.-2008.(2008)
- "Croatian Jews hope elections will end area’s isolation". Jweekly.com. January 7, 2000. Retrieved 2010-04-02.
- Pandža, Gordan (September 15, 2006). "Sinagogu u Zagrebu gradit će obje općine" (PDF). Vjesnik (in Croatian). Retrieved 2009-05-17.
- Selimović, Š. (September 7, 2012). "Rošade u diplomaciji: Grubiša u Rim, Goldstein u Pariz". Slobodna Dalmacija (in Croatian). Retrieved 2013-06-30.
|This Croatian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|