Izet Dibra (1878-1964) born Izet Shatku was an Albanian politician and mayor of Tirana from 1927 to 1928. He also served as minister of public works in Pandeli Evangjeli's cabinet. His brother Faik had served as attorney general and minister of justice.
Shatku took his initial studies in his native town, and followed later in Monastir. Preceding the Balkan Wars, his family moved to Turkey. There he completed studies in the Istanbul University for jurisprudence before returning to Albania in 1920. After certain lower positions in the judicial system, he was elected shortly sub-prefect of Elbasan prefecture. With the new assembly constitution, he became assembly member representing the Dibër prefecture. Until 1930 he served in several prefectures. A pro-Zog politician, he was elected minister of public works in Pandeli Evangjeli's cabinet. 1n 1937 he was elected assembly member again.
- "Mayors of Tirana". tirana.gen.al.
- Michael Schmidt-Neke (1987). Entstehung und Ausbau der Königsdiktatur in Albanien (1912-1939). Oldenbourg Wissenschaftsverlag. p. 351. ISBN 978-3486543216.
- Mehdi Frasheri (2005). Loredan Bubani, ed. Kujtime : vitet 1913-1933. Tirana: OMSCA-1. pp. 281–225. ISBN 9789992752609. OCLC 75396797.
- Paul Edmonds (1927). To the Land of the Eagle: Travels in Montenegro and Albania. G. Routledge & Sons, Limited. p. 237. OCLC 1852680.
- Michael S. Farbman (1930). Europa II. London: Europa Publications Limited. p. 202. OCLC 25191898.
- Council on Foreign Relations (1933). Political handbook of the world. Harper & Brothers. p. 1. OCLC 78329078.
|This article about a mayor in Albania is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|