October 13, 1958 |
|Other names||Izumi Matsumoto|
|Known for||Kimagure Orange Road|
Kazuya Terashima (寺嶋 一弥 Terashima Kazuya , born October 13, 1958), pen name Izumi Matsumoto (まつもと 泉 Matsumoto Izumi ), is a Japanese manga artist best known for Kimagure Orange Road. His career started in 1982, publishing his comic Milk Report in the manga magazine Weekly Shonen Jump. But real success came in 1984, publishing in the same magazine his masterpiece Kimagure Orange Road. Other works: Sesame Street, Black Moon.
He has revealed that he is afflicted with a cerebrospinal fluid disease (stemming from a car accident when he was three years old) that has forced him to take six years off work, and he now hopes to bring attention to this disorder through his manga.
- Kimagure Orange Road (1984–1987, Weekly Shonen Jump)
- Comic Gunbuster (1989)
- Sesame Street (1990–1992, Super Jump)
- Digital Short Contents (2001)
- "Cartoonist pledges to draw attention to cerebrospinal fluid disease with new manga". Wave Studio. Retrieved 2007-04-23.
- The best of his years...Groundbreaking manga artist Izumi Matsumoto's ongoing lost decade began with an unfinished masterpiece. Will it end in creative redemption? (page 1, see also page 2) Richard, Dreux. "Sunday Timeout", 28 August 2011, The Japan Times.
- chibisake - Caprichosa Biografía de Izumi Matsumoto (RP2)
- chibisake - Caprichosa Entrevista con Izumi Matsumoto (RP2)
- Kimagure Orange Road - Izumi Matsumoto_Image video
|This biographical article about a manga artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|