Izze (pronounced iz-ee) is the brand name of a line of carbonated juice drinks produced by the IZZE Beverage Company in Boulder, Colorado, which is owned by PepsiCo. The drinks consist of 70% fruit juice from concentrate, and 30% seltzer water. Izze is an all-natural, no-preservatives-added fruit soda.
In February 2002 in Boulder, Colorado, Todd Woloson and Anna Dougherty devised a plan to create a fruit-juice-based carbonated beverage, settling on a formula by that June and shortly thereafter forming the Izze Beverage Company. The name derives from Isabella, the daughter of Todd Woloson, who is known as "Izze" by friends and family.
On September 26, 2006, the company was purchased by PepsiCo. PepsiCo has announced plans to leave the Izze formula as is, only assisting with marketing efforts.
- Blackberry - Introduced May 2003
- Grapefruit - Introduced May 2003
- Lemon - Introduced May 2003, Discontinued 2007, Brought back for the 10 year anniversary of Izze in May 2012, available until the end of summer. Only available at Whole Foods. 
- Pear - Introduced May 2003, Discontinued February 2008
- Clementine - Introduced February 2004
- Blueberry - Introduced April 2004
- Pomegranate - Introduced March 2005
- Apple - Introduced April 2006
- Cranberry - Introduced November 2006, Discontinued December 2006, Only available at Starbucks.
- Peach - Introduced March 2008
- Birch - Introduced April 2009
- Ginger - Introduced April 2009
- Lime - Introduced April 2009
- Guava - Introduced April 2010, Discontinued
The company's first brand extension is a lower-calorie beverage than the company's original sodas, using fruit juice and sugar as sweeteners. The first three flavors were introduced June 2007, with watermelon being added in March 2011.
IZZE Fortified 
In 2008, the company introduced its next brand extension, five flavors of a soda supplemented with 30% USRDA Vitamin C, 10% Vitamin B6 and Niacin.
External links