Jádson playing for Shakhtar Donetsk in 2011
|Full name||Michael Jádson Rodrigues da Silva|
|Date of birth||5 October 1983|
|Place of birth||Londrina, Brazil|
|Height||1.68 m (5 ft 6 in)|
|Playing position||Attacking midfielder|
|Current club||São Paulo|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 2 December 2012.
† Appearances (Goals).
Jádson Rodrigues da Silva (born 5 October 1983), commonly known as Michael Jádson (Brazilian Portuguese: [miʃɐ.ˈew ˈʒadsõⁿ]), is a Brazilian footballer who plays for São Paulo as an attacking midfielder.
Born in Londrina, Jádson began his career playing for Atlético Paranaense in Brazil, where he helped the squad to win two Paranaense Championships (2002, 2005) and to be runners-up in the Brazilian league (2005).
In 2005, Jádson sealed a transfer to Shakhtar Donetsk. He scored the winning goal in extra time for Shakhtar in a 2–1 victory to win the 2009 UEFA Cup Final against Werder Bremen in İstanbul and was named Man of the match, as well as having previously scored 3 goals in the competition (a total of four in the UEFA Cup) and four goals in the Champions League including a hat-trick against FC Basel, to bring his total to nine goals in European competitions in 2008–09.
After seven years in Ukraine, Jádson returned to Brazil in early 2012. He was bought for €4 million by Sao Paulo FC.
Jádson made his international debut for Brazil on 9 February 2011, coming off the bench in a 1–0 loss to France. Jádson was called up to the Brazil squad for the 2011 Copa America held in Argentina. He was an unused substitute in their disappointing 0–0 draw against Venezuela in the first game. However, he started the following match against Paraguay, replacing Robinho on the right wing after the former's limp display against Venezuela. He opened up the scoring with a long range shot, with Brazil eventually salvaging a 2–2 draw in the 89th minute.
Jadson also was called up for the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup.
|1.||9 July 2011||Córdoba||Paraguay||2–2||Draw||Copa América 2011|
Style of play
Jádson is known for his technical ability, passing, scoring threat and ability to use both feet.
- As of 26 May 2013
- Ukrainian Premier League: 2004–05, 2005–06, 2007–08, 2009–10, 2010–11, 2011–12
- Ukrainian Cup: 2007–08, 2010–11, 2011–12
- Ukrainian Super Cup: 2005, 2008, 2010
- UEFA Cup: 2008–09
- "Player Profile". Sao Paulo Futebol Clube. Retrieved 5 May 2012.
- "Jadson the difference as Shakhtar triumph". UEFA. 20 May 2009. Retrieved 20 May 2009.
- "Report: Shakhtar Donetsk v FC Basel – UEFA Champions League – ESPN Soccernet". ESPN. 26 November 2008. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- "France 1–0 Brazil: Benzema hits winner". Goal.com. 9 February 2011. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- "Match: Brazil v Venezuela – Copa America – ESPN Soccernet". ESPN. 3 July 2011. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- "Report: Brazil v Paraguay – Copa America – ESPN Soccernet". ESPN. 9 July 2011. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- "FC Shakhtar Donetsk: The Brazilian Colony". Bleacher Report. Retrieved 5 May 2012.