The Year of the Hare (Finnish: Jäniksen vuosi) is a 1977 Finnish drama film directed by Risto Jarva, starring Antti Litja as a man who leaves his office job in Helsinki to live in the wilderness with a hare. The film is based on the 1975 book The Year of the Hare by Arto Paasilinna.
||This section requires expansion. (September 2011)
Young advertising executive Vatanen suddenly quits his job and city life in Helsinki, and decides to spend a while in the Finnish wilderness where he becomes acquainted with nature.
- Antti Litja as Kaarlo Vatanen
- Kauko Helovirta as Poliisipäivystäjä
- Markku Huhtamo as Taksikuski Mikkelissä
- Paavo Hukkinen as Taksikuski Heinolassa
- Juha Kandolin as Valokuvaaja Miettinen
- Kosti Klemelä as U. Kärkkäinen
- Anna-Maija Kokkinen as Varatuomari Leila Heikkinen
- Martti Kuningas as Hannikainen, former rural police chief
- Ahti Kuoppala as Kaartinen
- Hannele Lanu as Kioskinpitäjä
- Hannu Lauri as Mainospäällikkö Huhtinen
- Heikki Nousiainen as Tourist guide Toropainen, "Mr. Toro"
- Esa Pakarinen as Poliisi #2 (as Esa Pakarinen Jr.)
- Martti Pennanen as Metsästäjä #1
- Tuija Piepponen as Irja (scenes deleted)