||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2011)|
Jürgen Vogel in February 2010
|Born||Jürgen Peter Vogel
29 April 1968
|Occupation||Actor, screenwriter, film producer and singer|
Jürgen Peter Vogel (German pronunciation: [ˈjʏɐ̯ɡən ˈpeːtɐ ˈfoːɡəl]; born 29 April 1968 in Hamburg) is a German actor, screenwriter, film producer and singer. He is one of the most successful character actors of German cinema and had his break in 1992 with Little Sharks (de).
Jürgen Vogel is the son of a Hamburg waiter and a housewife. He worked as a child model, later had various jobs and visited the Munich drama school for one day. In 1985 he moved to Berlin, where he shared a flat with German actor Richy Müller. He states himself that he got inspired by the movie Taxi Driver with Robert De Niro. He became famous with the movie Little Sharks (de) (German: Kleine Haie) in 1992. He got the Silver Bear award in 2006 for his work as an actor, co-author and co-producer for the film The Free Will (German: Der freie Wille). Vogel has a daughter, Maria (born 1988) from a previous relationship. He is married to Madeleine Sommerfeld.
- 1989: Bayerischer Filmpreis – best young actor in Rosamunde
- 1992: Bayerischer Filmpreis – best actor in Kleine Haie (Little Sharks)
- 1994: Telestar for Dann eben mit Gewalt (Violence: The Last Resort)
- 1997: Deutscher Filmpreis – best male lead in Das Leben ist eine Baustelle (Life is All You Get)
- 1998: Deutscher Shooting Star
- 2000: Jupiter – best TV Star
- 2001: Adolf-Grimme-Preis for Das Phantom (The Phantom)
- 2003: Goldene Kamera – best German actor in Nackt und Scherbentanz (Shattered Glass)
- 2006: 42nd Chicago International Film Festival – Silver Hugo Award – best actor in Der freie Wille (The Free Will)
- 2006: Tribeca Film Festival, New York – best male lead in Der freie Wille (The Free Will)
- 2006: Silberner (silver) Bär in the category of special artistic performance in Der freie Wille (The Free Will)
- 2007: Bayerischer Filmpreis – best male lead in Emmas Glück (Emma's Bliss)
- 2007: Ernst-Lubitsch-Preis for his roles in Ein Freund von mir (A Friend of Mine) and Wo ist Fred? (Where is Fred?)
- 2009: Jupiter - best actor in Die Welle (The Wave)
- 2010: Herbert-Strate-Preis
|1996||Polizeiruf 110: Kleine Dealer, große Träume (de)||Atze Pöhlein|
|2002||Tatort: Flashback||Rudi Eltmann|
|2004||Tatort: Der vierte Mann||Harry Wolter|
|2005||Tatort: Wo ist Max Gravert? (de)||Roman Mielcke|
- Faine, Jon (2008-05-06). "Jurgen Vogel and Lorna Crozier and Sam Hamill - ABC Melbourne - Australian Broadcasting Corporation". Abc.net.au. Retrieved 2012-08-08.
- Jürgen Vogel in "German Who is Who"
- "Jürgen Vogel at IMdB"
- "Jupiter (Filmpreis)". Wikipedia (in German). Retrieved 23 November 2013.
- Thomann, Jörg (2009-01-05). "de:Wer will fleißige Bankräuber sehen?" [Who wants to see a hardworking bank robber?]. Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung (in German). Retrieved 2014-12-16 – via English translation of original by Google Translate found here.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jürgen Vogel.|