Jörg Leichtfried (born on 18 June 1967 in Bruck an der Mur, Styria) is an Austrian politician and Member of the European Parliament with the SPÖ, part of the Socialist Group and sits on the European Parliament's Committee on Transport and Tourism.
He is a substitute for the Committee on International Trade, a member of the Delegation for relations with the countries of the Andean Community and a substitute for the Delegation for relations with the countries of Central America.
- Studied jurisprudence (graduated 1994)
- 1995-1999: Legal officer, Styrian Chamber of Labour
- 1998-2004: Departmental head, citizens' advice service, Bruck and der Mur's City council
- 1994-2000: Regional Vice-Chairman of the Styria Young Socialists
- 1999: Austrian Parliament candidate, Styria Young Socialists
- 2000-2002: Federal Chairman of the Austrian Young Socialists
- since 2000: Regional Party Vice-Chairman of the Styria SPÖ
- European Parliament biography of Jörg Leichtfried (incl. Speeches, Questions and Motions)
- Declaration (PDF) of financial interests (German)
|This article about an Austrian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|