|Competitor for the Soviet Union|
|Bronze||1989 Cortina d'Ampezzo||Two-man|
|World Cup Championships|
Jānis Ķipurs (sometimes shown as Yanis Kipurs or Janis Kipurs, born 3 January 1958) is a Latvian-born bobsledder who competed for the Soviet Union in the late 1980s. At the 1988 Winter Olympics in Calgary, he won two medals with a gold in the two-man event and a bronze in the four-man event.
He won the two-man Bobsleigh World Cup championship in 1987-88.
- Bobsleigh two-man Olympic medalists 1932-56 and since 1964
- Bobsleigh four-man Olympic medalists for 1924, 1932-56, and since 1964
- Bobsleigh two-man world championship medalists since 1931
- DatabaseOlympics.com profile
- List of combined men's bobsleigh World Cup champions: 1985-2007
- List of two-man bobsleigh World Cup champions since 1985
|This biographical article relating to bobsleigh is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Soviet Winter Olympic medalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article relating to Latvian winter sports is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|