||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (July 2009)|
|Origin||Sheffield and Kingston upon Hull, Yorkshire, England|
|Labels||Steel Tiger Records|
|Associated acts||The Heights of Abraham
Their debut release was a 12" vinyl, "Tripping The Light Fantastic" / "Ickey Plush" on the electronica label, Twentythree Records, which was also based in both Hull and Sheffield. Their first album, Put Me On A Planet (Steel Tiger Records) was named "One of the surprise hits of 2006" by Matt Anniss in the December 2006 issue of International DJ Magazine.
Cobby and Lister were founders of both Steel Tiger Records and Twentythree Records. J*S*T*A*R*S's track "Loose Nuke Threat", from Put me on a Planet, featured in television/cinema advertisements for the John Lewis Partnership spring campaigns for 2004 and 2005.
The J*S*T*A*R*S track 'Loose Nuke Threat' also features in the 2012 Fiat Panda TV advertising campaign. Eagle-i Music set up this synchronisation.
- Put Me On A Planet (Steel Tiger Records, 2007)
- "Spansules" (Twentythree Records, 2003)
- "Ooilovemababy" / "Positronic Absorber" (Twentythree Records, 2003)
- "Tripping The Light Fantastic" / "Ickey Plush" (Twentythree Records, 2002)
- List of independent UK record labels
- List of electronic music record labels
- Bands and musicians from Yorkshire and North East England
- "J*S*T*A*R*S one of the Fantastic Four - current hottest four names in dance music" by Terry Church & Tom Kihl, DJ Magazine, 10 October 2006, retrieved 6 April 2008