J-Pilot is an open source GTK+-based desktop organizer for Unix-like systems written by Judd Montgomery, designed to work with Palm OS-based handheld PDAs. It uses the pilot-link libraries to communicate with Palm devices. It is released under the GNU GPL, version 2.
Palm does not provide a version of the software for Linux operating system, nor do they officially support the ones developed by third parties such as J-Pilot or Gnome-Pilot.
Summary of Features
- Third-party Application Support
- Plugin Support
- Import and Export Features
- Supports Palm Application Features
- Supports Datebook, Address, To Do List, and Memo Pad
- Supports the newer Contacts and Memos (Calendar and Tasks not yet)
- Before J-Pilot working, users should install Pilot-link and get the newest version available.
- Users must have GTK+version greater than 1.2.0 installed and also need to gtk-devel rpms, or packages installed to build from source.