J. T. Wyman
|J. T. Wyman|
Wyman with the Lightning in 2012.
February 27, 1986 |
Edina, MN, USA
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight||212 lb (96 kg; 15 st 2 lb)|
|NHL team (P)
Lake Erie Monsters (AHL)
Tampa Bay Lightning
|NHL Draft||100th overall, 2004
James Thomas Wyman (born February 27, 1986 in Edina, Minnesota) is an American professional ice hockey right winger currently playing within the Colorado Avalanche organization of the National Hockey League (NHL).
Wyman was originally drafted in the fourth round, 100th overall, by the Montreal Canadiens in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft. After attending The Blake School (Minneapolis), Wyman committed to a four-year collegiate career with Dartmouth College. Wyman was signed by the Canadiens to a two-year entry level contract. In the 2009–10 season, Wyman was recalled from AHL affiliate, the Hamilton Bulldogs, and made his NHL debut with the Canadiens against the Columbus Blue Jackets on November 24, 2009.
On July 1, 2011, Wyman was signed as an unrestricted free agent by the Tampa Bay Lightning. On December 20, 2011, as a member of the Lighting, Wyman scored his first NHL goal against Carey Price of the Montreal Canadiens, the team that drafted him. Wyman appeared in a career high 40 games for the Lightning, recording 2 goals and 11 points.
On June 15, 2012, Wyman was re-signed by the Lightning to a one-year extension. Due to the NHL lockout, he was assigned to new Lightning AHL affiliate, the Syracuse Crunch. Wyman spent the majority of the 2012–13 season with the Crunch compiling 38 points in 76 games as the Crunch reached the Calder Cup finals. He was recalled by the Lightning to play in a solitary game against the Buffalo Sabres on April 14, 2013.
Wyman left the Lightning organization as a free agent and signed a one-year contract with the Colorado Avalanche on July 5, 2013.
|2011–12||Tampa Bay Lightning||NHL||40||2||9||11||8||—||—||—||—||—|
|2012–13||Tampa Bay Lightning||NHL||1||0||0||0||0||—||—||—||—||—|
- "Canadiens sign Carle and Wyman to one-year deals". The Sports Network. 2010-07-02. Retrieved 2011-05-06.
- "Lightning ink Oulette, Wyman". American Hockey League. 2011-07-01. Retrieved 2011-07-01.
- "Lightning rally to beat Canadiens 4-3". National Hockey League. 2011-11-20. Retrieved 2011-11-20.
- "Lightning re-sign forwards Hall, Wyman". The Sports Network. 2012-06-15. Retrieved 2012-06-15.
- "Enroth, Sabres remain hot in 3-1 win over Lightning". Yahoo! Sports. 2013-04-14. Retrieved 2013-04-14.
- "Avalanche announce signings". Colorado Avalanche. 2013-07-05. Retrieved 2013-07-05.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to J. T. Wyman.|
- J. T. Wyman's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- J. T. Wyman's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|This biographical article relating to an American ice hockey winger is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|