|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find links tool for suggestions. (April 2010)|
Dr. J. Bhagyalakshmi studied English Literature and trained in mass communication. She also obtained diplomas in Energo-Cybernatic Strategy Advance Management, Public relations and Book publishing Under Commonwealth Programme she completed a course in Publications and Design at COI, London. She also visited Bangladesh and Japan to study Rural development under the aegis of SAARC and Afro-Asian Rural Reconstruction Organisation.
Formerly of Indian Information Services, she held various media positions including Director (Media), (Ministry of Rural Development, and Chief Editor Yojana, (a magazine which is brought out in 13 languages). She taught at the Indian Institute of Mass Communication and headed the Department of Publications. She was Editor Communicator (IIMC), and also worked for Indian and Foreign Review (Ministry of External Affairs). As Editor, Publications Division she edited a number of books on varied themes. In the beginning of her career she worked with the Directorate of Advertising and Visual Publicity and with Union Public Service Commission as Research Officer.
Presently, Dr. J. Bhagyalakshmi is a freelance journalist and writer, writing on developmental issues and had columns with The Scoria, Patriot, Andhra Prabha, Vipula and The Hyderabad Mirror. As a journalist she visited Iran, Sri Lanka, China including Tibet, Nepal and Syria. She is on the guest faculty of mass communication and journalism institutions.
- Rafi Ahmed Kidwai Award
- Potti Sreeramulu Telugu University Award
- Jyeshta Literary award, Katha Award for translation
- R.K. Narayan Award by Authors' Guild of India
- Pratibha Puraskar by Delhi Telugu Sangham.
She also received Visishta Vyakti Puraskaram from Siddhartha Kala Peetam, Vijayawada and Grihalakshmi kankanam from Kuteeram, Chennai.
- Ivy Compton-Burnett and Her Art, Mittal Publications, 1986
- Capital witness: selected writings of G.K. Reddy Allied, 1991, ISBN 978-81-7023-316-9
- Happiness Unbound, Konark Publ., 1999, ISBN 978-81-220-0536-3
- A Knock at the Door, Konark Publishers, 2004, ISBN 978-81-220-0685-8
- When Fortune Smiled (all collections of poems)
- Kadedi Kavitakanarham: Maromajili and Maadee Swatantra Desam, Viśālāndhra Pabliṣiṅg Haus, 1987, (Telugu short stories)
- Ravindra geetalu (Gitanjali & The Crescent Noon in Telugu)
- Kathabharati (Hindi Short stories in Telugu)
- Living with Honour (Shiv Khera's book in Telugu)
- The Mind of Mahatma (Telugu)
- Human Rights (Telugu)
- I Will Not Let Time Sleep (N. Gopi's poems in English)
- Dew Drops (Vemuri Balaram's work in English)
- Abdul Kalam Kavitalu (Telugu translation of Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam's Poetry).
- That's OK: Tammanna and Other Reveries, Alokparva Prakashan, 2007, ISBN 978-81-87416-65-4 is her collection of newspaper columns in English.
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2010)|