J. G. Anschütz
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (September 2008)|
|Founder||Julius Gottfried Anschütz|
|Products||rifles, shotguns, pistols, shooting accessories|
|Parent||J.G. ANSCHÜTZ GmbH|
|Footnotes / references
Was defunct from 1945 to 1950 when the operation was moved to Ulm
J. G. Anschütz GmbH & Co. KG is a firearms company based in Ulm, Germany, that makes small and large-bore rifles (.17, .22, .223 Rem. .308, 30-06, 8x57 IS, and 9,3X62 caliber, and .177 air rifles and air pistols) and shotguns for target shooting and hunting. Their rifles are used by many competitive shooters participating in the 50 m Rifle event at the Summer Olympics and Winter Olympics biathlon.
The ahg-Anschütz company (a "twin" company from J. G. Anschütz) is mostly dedicated to the international trade of shooting accessories like shooting jackets and boots.
J. G. Anschütz company is also the major shareholder of the Austrian target firearms manufacturer Steyr Sportwaffen GmbH.
- Luxus repeaters of the series 1416
- Luxus repeaters of the series 1417
- Small bore hunting match repeaters of the series 64
- Small bore hunting single-shots of the series 111
- Hunting repeaters of the series 1710
- Hunting repeaters of the series 1712
- Semi automatic rifles of the series 525
Small Bore Biathlon Rifles
9003 Premium Compressed Air Target Rifles
- 2002 Compressed Air (discontinued)
- 8002 Compressed Air
- 8001 "Junior" Compressed Air
- 8002 S2 Compressed Air with different version, Alu, wood, and Alu Pro-grip
Compressed Air Target Pistols
Sport Air Rifles
Small Bore Target Rifles Match 64 Action
Match 54 Action
Anschutz target rifles are numbered in a two part sequence, the first two digits indicate series, the last two, the type and stock configuration of the rifle: 07, 09 rifles have a light barrel, 10, 11 and 13 have a heavier barrel and are marked "supermatch" on the barrel.
14 series started in the 1960s and is characterised by a tab on the rear of the bolt which performs the function of safety by restraining the firing pin in the cocked position.
- 1407 Small bore match Rifle - tapered forestock, simple butt plate, light barrel
- 1411 Small bore match Rifle - parallel forestock, simple butt, heavy barrel - prone rifle
- 1413 "Super Match" - parallel forestock, thumb hole grip, adjustable cheek rest, extendable butt plate with hook and accessory for 3P shooting
18 series started in late 1970's, through to late 90's, rear of bolt is tapered dome with firing pin red indicator that protrudes when cocked.m18 series used a lighter firing pin to reduce lock time and a significantly improved trigger.
- 1807 Small bore match Rifle - tapered forestock with slots and plastic cheek plate, light barrel
- 1809 Small bore match rifle - tapered forestock, thumb hole grip, adjustable cheek rest, extendable butt plate with hook
- 1810 Small bore match rifle -
- 1811 Small bore match Rifle - parallel forestock, simple butt, heavy barrel - prone rifle
- 1813 Small bore match Rifle - parallel forestock, thumb hole grip, adjustable cheek rest, extendable butt plate with hook and accessory for 3P shooting
19 series started in late 90's, differs from 18 series only in the foresight mount. 18 series is a dovetail attached to barrel with screws. 19 series is machined into the barrel, which is flared for the last 1.5" to accommodate.
- 1907 Small Bore Target Rifle
- 1907 Small Bore Target Rifle Club
- 1907 LIGHT
- 1907 Rep
- 1913 with stock 1907
- 1907 in stock 1912
- 1907 in stock 2213
- 1910 small bore match rifle
- 1911 small bore match rifle
- 1913 "Super Match"
- 1913 in stock 2213 Benchrest
20 series square receiver action
Model series 64 R