J. G. Sandom
From January 1997 through October 1999, Sandom served as Director of Interactive at OgilvyOne Worldwide, a division of Ogilvy & Mather. Sandom built OgilvyInteractive to $300 million in billings, and Adweek credited him with turning Ogilvy’s digital offering around.
Ranked one of the Top Ten Children's Books of 2006 by the Washington Post, his debut novel for young adults Kiss Me, I'm Dead (originally released under the title The Unresolved), was nominated for a Young Adult Library Services Association 2007 "Teens' Top Ten", named a 2007 Association of Jewish Libraries "Notable Book for Teens" by the Sydney Taylor Book Award Committee, and nominated for the 2006 "Cybils" award. The Washington Post said that Sandom "writes with a precision and delicacy unusual for YA fiction" and called the novel, "a subtle gem".
Sandom's novel, The Wave, was reissued in June 2010 by Cornucopia Press. Kirkus Reviews said Sandom's characterizations of heroes and "stock bad guys" were drifting into caricature but lauded the story's pacing, concluding: "A story with enough manic energy to be worthy of a nuclear explosion and enough to render moot any structural weaknesses in its architecture."
- Dawn Anfuso (February 14, 2002). "RappDigital Worldwide's J.G. Sandom". iMediaConnection.com.
- "Recent merger and acquisition activity". AdMedia Partners. Retrieved May 22, 2013.
- Tamar Charry (January 29, 1997). "People". New York Times.
- Dana Blankenhorn (March 6, 2000). "The Omnicom Empire Strikes Back". ClickZ – Marketing News & Expert Advice.
- Rapp Collins evolves its old tricks and learns some new ones | Adweek
- Rothenberg, Randall (October 25, 1999). "Disturber of the peace Sandom puts Fat Media in his sights". Advertising Age.
- Omnicom Group gains Critical Mass | News - Advertising Age
- Khan, Mickey Alam (September 19, 2000). "Rapp Collins Acquires E-Mail ASP Innovyx for RappDigital". Direct Marketing News.
- Ward, Elizabeth (June 22, 2008). "A Fond Farewell". The Washington Post.
- Ward, Elizabeth (December 10, 2006). "Top 10 for Children". The Washington Post.
- "For Young Readers". The Washington Post. August 20, 2006.
- "The Wave by J.G. Sandom: Kirkus Review". Kirkus Reviews. April 4, 2011.