J. Maarten Troost
|J. Maarten Troost|
|Born||Jan Maarten Troost
|Notable work(s)||Getting Stoned with Savages and The Sex Lives of Cannibals|
Troost is the author of four books about his experiences in the Pacific Islands and 3-month trip to China. Troost writes about the part of his life spent in the South Pacific in Getting Stoned with Savages (2006) and The Sex Lives of Cannibals (2004). Troost has also written about his trip to China in Lost on Planet China: The Strange and True Story of One Man's Attempt to Understand the World's Most Mystifying Nation, or How He Became Comfortable Eating Live Squid (2008), and about other trips to the Pacific in Headhunters on My Doorstep: A True Treasure Island Ghost Story (2013).
Troost was born in Groningen, the Netherlands and is of Dutch-Czech descent. He grew up in the Netherlands and Canada and currently lives in the Washington, DC area with his wife and two children. As recounted in Headhunters on My Doorstep, Troost is recovering from alcoholism. 
- The Sex Lives of Cannibals (2004)
- Getting Stoned with Savages (2006)
- Lost on Planet China (2008)
- Headhunters on My Doorstep (2013)
- "Bio and Media Kit". J. Maarten Troost. Retrieved 2014-01-10.
- "Headhunters on My Doorstep: A True Treasure Island Ghost Story: J. Maarten Troost: 9781592407897: Amazon.com: Books". Amazon.com. 2013-08-20. Retrieved 2014-01-10.