J. P. Moreland
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2011)|
|This article relies on references to primary sources. (May 2011)|
James Porter Moreland (born March 9, 1948), better known as J. P. Moreland, is an American philosopher, theologian, and Christian apologist. He currently serves as a Distinguished Professor of Philosophy at Talbot School of Theology at Biola University in La Mirada, California.
Moreland specializes in metaphysics, philosophy of mind, and Christian Philosophy having had his work published in journals such as Metaphilosophy and the American Philosophical Quarterly. He has also had his work published by presses such as Intervarsity Press, NavPress, Zondervan, Oxford University Press, Routledge, Rutgers University Press, and Prometheus.
Moreland earned a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry with honors from the University of Missouri and a Master of Arts in Philosophy with highest honors from the University of California at Riverside. In 1985, he received a Ph.D. in philosophy from the University of Southern California. His dissertation advisor was eminent Christian professor Dallas Willard.  Moreland is married to Hope and together they have two children and four grandchildren.
Moreland has authored or co-authored numerous publications, including:
- 'Scaling the Secular City: A Defense of Christianity (1987)
- Christianity and the Nature of Science: A Philosophical Examination (1989)
- The Life and Death Debate: Moral Issues of Our Time (with Norman Geisler, 1990)
- Does God Exist?: The Debate Between Atheists and Theists (with Kai Nielsen, 1990)
- The Creation Hypothesis: Scientific Evidence for An Intelligent Designer (1994)
- Love Your God With All Your Mind: The Role of Reason in the Life of the Soul (1997)
- Body and Soul: Human Nature and the Crisis of Ethics (with Scott Rae, 2000)
- Naturalism: A Critical Analysis (co-editor with William Lane Craig, 2000)
- Philosophical Foundations for a Christian Worldview (with William Lane Craig, 2003)
- Kingdom Triangle: Recover the Christian Mind, Renovate the Soul, Restore the Spirit's Power (2007)
- Consciousness and the Existence of God (2009)
- The Recalcitrant Imago Dei (2009)
- The God Question: An Invitation to a Life of Meaning (2009)
- Moreland, J.P. "J.P.Moreland Bio". About J.P.Moreland. JP Moreland's Web. Retrieved 13 July 2013.
- J. P. Moreland's Talbot School of Theology Faculty Page
- J. P. Moreland's personal website
- J. P. Moreland's official Facebook page
- Faculty page of J. P. Moreland
- J. P. Moreland (Theopedia)