J. Peter Neary
11 February 1950 |
|Alma mater||University College Dublin
|Information at IDEAS / RePEc|
J. Peter Neary FBA (born 11 February 1950 in Drogheda, Ireland) is an economist specialising in international trade. He is Professor of Economics at Oxford University, and a Professorial Fellow of Merton College, Oxford as well as Associate Member of Nuffield College, Oxford. He was previously Professor of Political Economy at University College Dublin, from 1980 to 2006. He is also a Research Fellow of the Centre for Economic Policy Research.
Neary was educated at University College Dublin and Oxford, where he completed his D.Phil. in 1978. He was an editor of the European Economic Review (1986–1990) and has served on a number of other editorial boards. He was President of the Irish Economic Association (1990–92), and President of the European Economic Association in 2002. He was elected to the British Academy in 2008, as well as being a member of the Royal Irish Academy since 1997. He gained an entry in Who's Who in 2008.
- Neary, J. Peter; van Wijnbergen, Sweder (1986). Natural Resources and the macroeconomy. Cambridge, Massachusetts: Centre for Economic Policy Research, Blackwell/MIT Press. ISBN 9780262140416.
- Neary, J. Peter; Helpman, Elhanan; Ethier, Wilfred (1993). Theory, policy and dynamics in international trade: essays in honor of Ronald W Jones. Cambridge New York, NY, USA: Cambridge University Press. ISBN 9780521434423.
- Neary, J. Peter (1993). Theory, policy and dynamics in international trade: essays in honor of Ronald W Jones. Cambridge New York, NY, USA: Cambridge University Press. ISBN 9780521434423.
- Neary, J. Peter (1995). International trade. Aldershot, Hampshire, UK Brookfield, Vermont US: Edward Elgar Publishing: international library of critical writings in economics. ISBN 9781852783617.
- Neary, J. Peter; Anderson, James (2005). Measuring the restrictiveness of international trade policy. Cambridge, Massachusetts: MIT Press. ISBN 9780262012201.
- Neary, J. Peter; Roberts, K.W.S. (January 1980). "The theory of household behaviour under rationing". European Economic Review (Elsevier) 13 (1): 25–42. doi:10.1016/0014-2921(80)90045-8.
- "CURRICULUM VITAE: J. Peter Neary". Retrieved 23 May 2013.
- "Home Page of Peter Neary Economics Department University of Oxford". Retrieved 23 May 2013.
- "Professor Peter Neary". The British Academy. Retrieved 23 May 2013.
- "Who'll be hot and who'll be not in '09". Independent News & Media PLC. 12 December 2008. Retrieved 23 May 2013.
- W. Max Corden and J. Peter Neary (December 1982). "Booming Sector and De-Industrialisation in a Small Open Economy". The Economic Journal (Wiley on behalf of the Royal Economic Society) 92 (368): 825–848. doi:10.2307/2232670. ISSN 0013-0133. Retrieved 23 May 2013.