J. Z. Knight
|Born||Judith Darlene Hampton
March 16, 1946
Roswell, New Mexico
|Known for||Ramtha's School of Enlightenment|
|Home town||Roswell, New Mexico|
|Children||Brandy and Christopher|
|Parents||Charles and Helen Hampton|
Judy Zebra Knight (born Judith Darlene Hampton on March 16, 1946), usually known as JZ Knight, is an American mystic teacher and author, and is known for claiming to be channel of a spiritual entity named Ramtha.
Knight has appeared on US TV shows, such as Larry King, MSNBC and The Merv Griffin Show, as well as media such as Psychology Today. Her teachings have attracted figures from the entertainment and political world such as Linda Evans, Shirley MacLaine, and Salma Hayek.
Knight claims to bridge ancient wisdom and the power of consciousness together with the latest discoveries in science. Some of the ideas are similar to those of Shirley MacLaine, which have in turn been criticized for being "kindergarten metaphysics" by mathematician and skeptic Martin Gardner. Ramtha's teachings have further been criticised by scientists and skeptics around the world (see Controversy and Criticism below).
Knight grew up in poverty and was unable to go to college. After graduating from high school, she dropped out of business school. She later worked at the cable television industry, and due to her work moved to Tacoma, Washington, where a psychic told her the 'Enlightened One' would appear to her in the future. Ramtha appeared to her for the first time in 1977, in her kitchen.
Knight appeared on The Merv Griffin Show in 1985 and later wrote the autobiographical A State of Mind in 1987. Time called her "probably the most celebrated of all current channelers". Ramtha's School of Enlightenment website says that since 1988, through the JZ Knight Humanities Foundation, Knight has donated $1,181,068 to 200 graduating high-school seniors "that they may pursue their educational goals". In 1996, a total of $280,000 was given to 39 graduating seniors.
Knight is currently the president of JZK, Inc and Ramtha's School of Enlightenment, located near the town of Yelm, Washington, and the name of Ramtha is copyrighted under JZ Knight. She also won a court case which affirmed that she is the sole legal channeler of the entity Ramtha (see Court Cases below). There have been over 120 books and 40 DVDs released by RSE, JZK Inc. or independently in the past twenty-five years. She also appeared in the 2004 movie What the Bleep Do We Know!?, produced by members of the Ramtha School, which has been [[What_the_Bleep_Do_We_Know! Knight has a store in Yelm, Washington, along with an online store which sells products not connected with Ramtha's teaching. The store sells all things beautiful, antiques ,kitchen utensils, women's apparel, cosmetic products and pet supplies, among other products.
After an absence from public view for several years, she returned to public speaking on radio and in magazines and workshops. She was recently a guest on Coast To Coast AM with George Noory on August 14, 2011. Show notes and audio are available at the Coast to Coast AM website.[when?]
Ramtha (the name, is derived from Ram and to mean "the God" is an entity whom Knight Channelling (mediumistic)|channel]]. According to Knight, Ramtha was a Lemurian warrior who fought the Atlanteans over 35,000 years ago. Ramtha speaks of leading an army over 2.5 million strongef>
Ramtha says he spent the next seven years in isolation recovering and observing nature, the seasons, his army making homes and families, and many other things. He later mastered many skills, including foresight and out-of-body experiences, until he led his army to the Indus River while in his late fifties. Ramtha taught his soldiers everything he knew for 120 days, he bid them farewell, rose into the air and in a bright flash of light he ascended before them. He made a promise to his army that he would come back to teach them everything he had learned. In 1977 Ramtha appeared before her and told her that he had come to help her over the ditch. JZ Knight became his first student of what he calls the great work.
Ramtha is the central figure (the "master teacher") of Ramtha's School of Enlightenment, started by Knight in 1987 near the town Yelm, Washington. Classes (or "dialogues") had been held around the world for the previous ten years. There are currently over 6,000 students of Ramtha's teachings and many more have been to retreats in the past.
A central theme of Ramtha's teachings involves the internalization of divinity (God is in Us, You are God, Behold God). Ramtha is described as having brought his knowledge to many ancient civilizations in the world such as the Ancient Egyptians. The website also suggests that traces of the lineage of the original teachings and philosophies he taught 35,000 years ago have appeared throughout history in the schools of philosophers like Socrates, religions like Hinduism and Judaism, and the works of great minds such as Leonardo da Vinci and Michelangelo.
The four cornerstones of Ramtha's philosophy are
- The statement 'You are god'
- The directive to make known the unknown
- The concept that consciousness and energy create the nature of reality
- The challenge to conquer yourself
When Knight says she is channeling Ramtha she speaks mostly in English in what sounds like an accent. In a simplistic way he has clear understanding and teaches simplistically of complex issues of modern physics, such as the quantum field or neuro science which appear frequently in his teachings
In his teachings "Ramtha" has made several controversial statements such as that Christianity is backwards. And teaches the same as Jesus, that God is within, the father that is within me is within you, what I do you can do greater
Controversy and criticism
Most books regarding Ramtha and RSE come from JZK Publishing, one of the several companies started by JZ Knight. Other books somewhat sympathetic to Ramtha, such as "Finding Enlightenment: Ramtha's School of Ancient Wisdom" by Gordon Melton, have ties to RSE in other ways. The author of Finding Enlightenment, testified for J.Z. Knight in Knight vs. Knight (1992–1995) against her former husband Jeffery Knight (see below).
Ramtha teaches that every person creates their own reality,more importantly, it can be consciously created and we can live better, happier lives.
Ramtha's teachings as they are portrayed in the movie What the Bleep Do We Know!?, not only in the general gist of the film (which was directed and funded by students of Ramtha's School of Enlightenment) but also in instances where Ramtha is interviewed on screen, have been [[What_the_Bleep_Do_We_Know!%3F
Knight has authored a number of books under the author name of "Ramtha". Below is a rough outline in progress with estimated publishing dates in brackets.
Ramtha, the White Book is a work by Steven Weinberg which helped to form "Ramtha's" teachings. It was the first introduction to "Ramtha's" teachings ever put together and includes a glossory of terms and concepts used in the as well as a detailed index.
Books by Knight
- A State of Mind, My Story Ramtha: The Adventure Begins 446 pages (1987) ISBN 1578730023
Ramtha books - rare and out of print
The following books are no longer in print, but may still be able to be found in used condition.
- Ramtha: The Children's View of Destiny and Purpose 50 pages
- To Life 152 pages (selection of Ramtha toasts from May 1988 to May 1996 compiled by Diane Munoz-Smith)
- Ramtha (1970) ASIN B007U7RNHY
- Love Yourself Into Life (1983) ASIN B00424L2XY
- Ominous Dragoon of Dothdura (co-written with Douglas Mahr and Jerry Banghart) 47 pages (1985) ISBN 0931317134
- I Am Ramtha (1986)
- Ramtha Intensive Soulmates (1987)
- Ramtha Intensive: Change the Days to Come (1987)
- Between Two Worlds: The Message of Ramtha 125 pages (1987) ISBN 0940539063
- Voyage to the New World: An Adventure Into Unlimitedness 276 pages (co-written with Douglas Mahr) (1987) ISBN 0449131858
- Ramtha (green book) (1988)
- Ramtha: An Introduction 196 pages (1988) ISBN 0932201768
- Destination Freedom: A Time-Travel Adventure, Stage II: Arrival Instruction 268 pages (co-written with Douglas Mahr) (1989) ISBN 0132022273
- UFO's and the Nature of Reality: Understanding Alien Consciousness and Interdimensional Mind (1990)
- Spinner of Tales 285 pages (Ramtha stories compiled by Deborah Kerins) (1991) ISBN 0962972371
- Enseignements Choisis (1991)
- Ramtha: The New Kingdom: The Masterpiece Collection of Ramtha 207 pages (1991) ISBN 0940539098
- The Plane of Bliss: On Earth as it is in Heaven 154 pages (1997) ISBN 1578730260
- The Ancient Schools of Wisdom 172 pages (compiled by Diane Munoz-Smith) (1998) ISBN 0965262138
- Ramtha: the Mystery of Birth and Death: Redefining the Self 230 pages (2000)
- The Circus, An Adventure Not To Be Missed (2001) ASIN B004FVHPUS
- Who Are We Really? (2002)
- A Master's Reflection on the History of Humanity, Part I: Human Civilization, Origins and Evolution 368 pages (2002) ISBN 1578730406
- A Master's Reflection on the History of Humanity, Part II: Rediscovering the Pearl of Ancient Wisdom 360 pages (2003) ISBN 1578730414
- A Message of Joy and Hope: Ramtha's Address at Seattle Center November 12, 2004 (2005)
Ramtha books - still in print
- The Mystery of Love (Booklet)
- Last Waltz Of the Tyrants: The Prophecy Revisited 186 pages (1991, Revised: 2009) ISBN 1578731178
- Ramtha: A Beginner's Guide to Creating Reality: An Introduction to Ramtha & His Teachings 238 pages (1997, Revised: 2000) ISBN 1578730376
- Ramtha: the White Book 336 pages (1999, Revised: 2004) ISBN 1578730457
- That Elixir Called Love: The Truth About Sexual Attraction, Secret Fantasies, and the Magic of True Love 512 pages (2004) ASIN B0073HNNWA
Ramtha's Fireside Series
- Defining the Master (2000) (Vol. 1, No.1)
- Changing the Timeline of Our Destiny (2001) (Vol. 1, No. 2)
- Forgotten Gods Waking Up (2001) (Vol. 1, No. 3)
- Crossing the River (2002) (Vol. 2, No. 1)
- A Master's Key For Manipulating Time (2002) (Vol. 2, No. 2)
- Making Contact: Our Soul's Journey and Purpose Through Life (2002) (Vol. 2, No. 3)
- Buddha's Neuronet for Levitation: Opening the Lotus of a Thousand Petals (2002) (Vol. 2, No. 4)
- Who Are We Really? (2002) (Vol. 2, No. 5)
- Gandalf's Battle on the Bridge in the Mines of Moria (2002) (Vol. 2, No. 6) ASIN B006H9BN3Q
- When Fairy Tales Do Come True (2003) (Vol. 3, No. 1)
- Prophets Of Our Own Destiny (2003) (Vol. 3, No. 2)
- Parallel Lifetimes: Fluctuations in the Quantum Field (2003) (Vol. 3, No. 3)
- Jesus The Christ: The Life of a Master (2006) (Vol. 4, No. 1)
- Awakening To the Extraordinary (2007) (Vol. 4, No. 2)
- The New March: Developing a Mind Worth Preserving (2007) (Vol. 4, No. 3)
- Ramtha on God's Only Law (CD-0230) (2002) ISBN 157873195X
- Ramtha on Love Born in the 4th Seal: Beginning The Journey (CD-9201) (2003) ISBN 1578731933
- Ramtha on How the Brain Creates Reality (Dimensional Mind V: Part 1) (CD-9227) (2003) ISBN 157873133X
- Ramtha on Demonology and the Freedom from Possession: The Neuronet of Disease (CD-9804) (2003) ISBN 1578732999
- Ramtha on The Difference Between Consciousness and Mind (CD-9215) (2004) ISBN 1578731763
- Ramtha on A Master's First Step: Achieving Clear-Mindedness (CD-9520) (2004) ISBN 1578731798
- Ramtha on Waking Up to Greatness (CD-0405) (2004) ISBN 1578731755
- Ramtha on Experiencing the Teachings of No Words (CD-9207.1) (2004) 157873181X
- Ramtha on Concepts of Predestination and Free Will (CD-0513) (2005) ISBN 1578731887
- Ramtha on The Plane of Bliss, Part 2 (CD-9716) (2005) ISBN 1578732360
- Ramtha on Animals, Music, Crystals and Mythical Creatures (CD-001) (2006) ISBN 1578732670
- Ramtha on The Brain (CD-002) (2006) ISBN 1578732689
- Ramtha on Pyramids (CD-020) (2006) ISBN 1578732700
- Ramtha on Yahweh - Jehovah (CD-029) (2006) ISBN 1578732727
- Ramtha on Winds of Change I (CD-030) (2006) ISBN 1578733006
- Ramtha on The Great Architect (CD-046) (2006) ISBN 1578732735
- Ramtha on From Suppression To Love and The Power of Change (CD-0613) (2006) ISBN 1578732913
- Ramtha on The Neuronet To The Levitating Buddha (CD-9603.2) (2006) ISBN 1578732905
- Ramtha on Where the Journey Begins (CD-0610) (2006) ISBN 1578732921
- Ramtha on Winds of Change II (CD-030.1) (2007) ISBN 1578733014)
- Ramtha on Children and Parenting (CD-004.1) (2007) ISBN 1578733103
- Ramtha on Inner Earth (CD-013) ISBN 1578732697
- Ramtha on Understanding Womanhood (CD-027) ISBN 1578732719
- Ramtha on The 12 Days of Light (CD-019) (2007) ISBN 1578733022
- Ramtha on Love and Relationships (CD-018) (2007) ISBN 1578733073
- Ramtha on Winds of Change III (CD-052) (2007) ISBN 157873309X
- Ramtha on Change: The Days That Are Here (Prophecy Series) (CD-0705) (2007) ISBN 1578733286
- Ramtha on Gods Clothed As Humans (CD-0608) (2007) ISBN 1578733316
- Ramtha on Genetic Memory and the Sixth Sense: Soul Choice (CD-9303.1) (2007) ISBN 1578732948
- Ramtha on Unfolding into the Continuum of Consciousness (CD-9409) (2007) ISBN 1578733359
- Ramtha on Acceptance: The Key to Magic (CD-9411) (2007) ISBN 1578732980
- Ramtha on Cell Biology, Associative Memory, and the Personality (CD-9424.1) (2007) ISBN 1578732956
- Ramtha on The Mechanics of Creating (CD-9424.2) (2007) ISBN 1578733251
- Ramtha on Magnetic Signature & How The Soul Determines Destiny (CD-9424.3) (2007) ISBN 157873326X
- Ramtha on Taking Back Your Power (CD-0618) (2007) ISBN 1578733278
- Ramtha on The Bounty of List and Twilight (CD-9419) (2007) ISBN 1578732263
- Ramtha on Self-Discovery: Going Beyond Gender (CD-0612) (2007) ISBN 1578733308
- Ramtha on Australia - Change: The Days That Are Here (Prophecy Series) (CD-0708) (2007) ISBN 1578733340
- Ramtha on Siege Upon the City of the Blue Race (CD-037) (2007) ISBN 1578733049
- Ramtha on The Great Work: From the Caterpillar To the Butterfly (CD-0606) (2007) ISBN 1578733294
- Ramtha on Miami - Change: The Days That Are Here (Prophecy Series) (CD-0706) (2007) ISBN 1578733324
- A Look Within 32 minutes (NTSC/PAL)
- This is the first video that highlights the disciplines practiced at Ramtha's School of Enlightenment. Included are interviews with students, scholars, and JZ Knight. Available in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Spanish.
- In Search of the Self: The Role of Consciousness in the Construction of Reality 8-volume video set. 9 hours, 38 minutes (NTSC/PAL)
- A Conference on Contemporary Spirituality, February 8–9, 1997, Yelm, Washington. An International group of scholars from the fields of physics, psychology, sociology, and religious studies gathered.
- JZ Knight/Ramtha: Intimate Conversations 27 minutes (2007)
- Extrasensory perception
- New Age Spirituality
- The Power of Belief
- What The Bleep Do We Know
- King, Larry (21:00ET, 2008-08-02). "Larry King LIVE - Change you Mind, Change your life (transcript)". CNN (CNN). Retrieved 2009-11-22.
- "What Lies Beyond The Bleep (transcript)". MSNBC (MSNBC). 21:05ET, 2010-08-25. Retrieved 2009-11-22.
- Hohlbaum, Christine Louise. "Digital Addiction Revisited". The Power of Slow. Retrieved 25 August 2011.
- Stephen Rae (August 1991). "Yes, they're still at it! (celebrity cult followers)". Cosmopolitan. Retrieved 2011-01-21.
- Knight, JZ. Ramtha's School of Enlightenment - An Introduction. RSE. pp. 2–3.
- MacLaine, Shirley (1983). Out on a Limb. New York: Bantam Books. p. 214.
- Gardner, Martin (1988). New Age: Notes of a Fringe-Watcher. Buffalo, N.Y.: Prometheus Books. p. 36. ISBN 0-87975-432-X.
- "Questions and Answers about Ramtha, JZ Knight". The Olympian. July 16, 2006. Retrieved November 19, 2009.
- Pemberton, Lisa (July 16, 2006). "Behind the gates at Ramtha's School". The Olympian. Retrieved November 20, 2009.
- Knight, J.Z. (1987). A State of Mind: My Story. New York: Warner Books.
- "The Mother Nature - August 08 Mom of the month". The Mother Nature. August, 2008. Retrieved November 22, 2009.
- "JZ Knight testifies against ex-student". Seattle PI (Olympia). 2008-09-10. Retrieved 2013-02-18.
- Friedrich, Otto (December 1987). "New Age Harmonies". Time. Retrieved 2008-09-16.
- Connolly, Kate (June 9, 1997). "Medium wins channeling right".
- Harriette Yahr, Let's get metaphysical. In Salon, 2004-09-09, page found 2010-07-03.
- Chris Lydgate, "What the #$*! is Ramtha" Willamette Week, December 22, 2004. Page found 2010-10-15.
- JZ Rose - For All Things Beautiful: About Us
- JZK Publishing; Revised & enlarged edition (February 14, 2005), Language: English, ISBN 1-57873-045-7, ISBN 978-1-57873-045-2
- Knight, J.Z. "Ramtha's School of Enlightenment - an Introduction (PDF)". Retrieved November 20, 2009
- Knight, JZ (1999). Ramtha: The White Book. Yelm, Washington: JZK Publishing. p. 336. ISBN 1578730457.
- Knight, JZ. "Ramtha, The White Book" JZK Publishing, Washington. 1999. 336 pages
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Ramtha|
- JZ Knight's official website
- Ramtha's School Of Enlightenment official website
- UK Part of Ramtha's School Of Enlightenment official - website official website
- Walker Between Two Worlds - Interview with JZ Knight