JBoss Enterprise SOA Platform
|Stable release||5.3.1 / Feb 20 2013|
|Type||Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Enterprise Service Bus (ESB)|
|License||GNU Lesser General Public License|
The JBoss Enterprise SOA Platform (or JBoss SOA Platform) is free software/open-source Java EE-based Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) software. The JBoss Enterprise SOA Platform is part of the JBoss Enterprise Middleware portfolio of software. The JBoss Enterprise SOA Platform enables enterprises to integrate services, handle business events, and automate business processes, linking IT resources, data, services and applications. Because it is Java-based, the JBoss application server operates cross-platform: usable on any operating system that supports Java. The JBoss SOA Platform was developed by JBoss, now a division of Red Hat.
Product features and components 
- Business rules engine
- JBoss jBPM
- JBoss Enterprise Service Bus (JBossESB)
- Event management and complex event processing (CEP)
- Event-driven architecture (EDA)
- Data integration
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) services
- JBoss Messaging
- JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (JBoss EAP)
- Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) services
- Computer clustering
- Java Connector Architecture (JCA)
Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) 
The JBoss Enterprise Service Bus (JBossESB, or JBoss ESB) software is part of the JBoss Enterprise SOA Platform. The software is Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) or business integration software. In general, enterprise service bus (ESB) software is used to map the Service-Oriented Infrastructure (SOI) and Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) concepts onto a concrete implementation. The software is middleware used to connect systems together, especially non-interoperable systems. The software contains the following:
- Business process monitoring
- Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
- Human workflow user interface
- Business Process Management (BPM)
- Transaction manager
- Application containers
- Messaging services
- Metadata repository
- Naming and directory service
- Distributed Computing Architecture (DCA)
Enterprise Data Services Platform (EDSP) 
The JBoss Enterprise Data Services Platform (JBoss EDSP) is data virtualization software, a superset of the JBoss Enterprise SOA Platform. The JBoss EDSP uses the enterprise service bus (ESB) software JBoss Enterprise Service Bus (JBossESB). The JBoss EDSP includes:
- tools for creating data views that are accessible through standard protocols
- a repository for storing metadata
- a runtime environment for data integrity and security
Licensing and pricing 
JBoss itself is open source, but Red Hat charges to provide a support subscription for JBoss Enterprise Middleware.
See also 
- "JBoss Enterprise SOA Platform 5, 5.3.1 Release Notes". Red Hat. 2013.
- "JBoss Enterprise Middleware". Red Hat.
- "Red Hat Extends SOA Platform Offering For Expanded Enterprise and Cloud Adoption". Santa Clara, CA: EclipseCon. March 22, 2010.
- "JBoss Enterprise SOA Platform". Red Hat.
- "JBoss ESB". JBoss Community.
- "JBoss Enterprise SOA Platform 5: ESB Programmers Guide". Red Hat. 2010.
- "JBoss Enterprise Data Services Platform". Red Hat.