JBoss operations network
|Stable release||3.1.1 / September 2012|
|License||GNU Lesser General Public License|
JBoss Operations Network (or JBoss ON or JON) is free software/open-source Java EE-based network management software. JBoss Operations Network is part of the JBoss Enterprise Middleware portfolio of software. JBoss ON is an administration and management platform for the development, testing, deployment, and monitoring of the application lifecycle. Because it is Java-based, the JBoss application server operates cross-platform: usable on any operating system that supports Java. JBoss ON was developed by JBoss, now a division of Red Hat.
JBoss ON provides performance, configuration, and inventory management in order to deploy, manage, and monitor the JBoss middleware portfolio, applications, and services.
JBoss ON provides management of the following:
- Discovery and inventory
- Configuration management
- Application deployment
- Perform and schedule actions on servers, applications and services
- Availability management
- Performance management
JBoss ON is the downstream of RHQ (see also section Associated Acronyms).
Licensing & Pricing
The various JBoss application platforms are open source, but Red Hat charges to provide a support subscription for JBoss Enterprise Middleware.
Acronyms associated with JBoss ON:
- RHQ - upstream open source project of JBoss ON. Current stable version is RHQ 4.5.1; main difference between RHQ 4 and RHQ 3 is the transition of the UI framework to Google Web Toolkit.
- Jopr - previously the JBossAS management bits (upstream) of JBoss ON - now integrated into the RHQ source base (since September 2009). Jopr used to use RHQ as its upstream. There will be no more separate Jopr releases.
- JON - JBoss Operations Network (ON)
- List of JBoss software
- Network monitoring system
- Comparison of network monitoring systems
- HyPerformix IPS Performance Optimizer
- IBM Tivoli Framework
- Ella Deon Lackey (September 19, 2012). "JBoss Operations Network 3.1.1 Release Notes". Red Hat.
- "JBoss Enterprise Middleware". Red Hat.
- "JBoss Operations Network (JBoss ON)". Red Hat.
- "JBoss Operations Network datasheet". Red Hat.
- "RHQ (formerly Jopr)". JBoss Community.
- "What is the difference between RHQ, Jopr and JON?". Jopr FAQ. 2009-06-29. Archived from the original on 2010-06-12. Retrieved 2009-07-16. "JON (aka "JBoss Operations Network" or "JBoss ON") is a commercial product offered to Red Hat customers and is a fully tested, QA'ed and certified distribution of the open-source Jopr project."