JCO was a Japanese nuclear fuel cycle company established in October 1979 as a wholly owned subsidiary of Sumitomo Metal Mining Co., Ltd. as Japan Nuclear Fuel Conversion Co. 日本核燃料コンバージョン (Nihon Kakunenryō Konbājon?). As of 2000, stock capitalization was 1 billion USD.
- 1979 JCO was founded
- 1980 Sumitomo Metal Mining Co., Ltd. conversion activities were handed over to JCO
- 1983 The second factory building at Tokaimura was completed
- 1998 The name was changed to just JCO
- 1999 Tokaimura nuclear accident
- 2003 Uranium conversion activities stopped completely
|This article about nuclear power and nuclear reactors for power generation is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|