||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2011)|
|Birth name||Jonathan Matthew Poirier|
|Also known as||JJ, Diggz, The rap version of Taye Diggs|
July 17, 1986 |
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
|Origin||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Genres||Canadian hip hop
East Coast hip hop
|Occupation(s)||Producer , Rapper|
Koch Entertainment (2006–Present)
|Associated acts||StarBwoyz, George Nozuka, Melanie Durrant, Drake, Kardinal Offishall, Little X|
In 2007, JDiggz released Memoirs of a Playbwoy, featuring the singles "Puush It Up", "Make It Hot", "With You", "Gimme Dat" and "Just Wanna Party". The album, before its release, was titled The Pornstarr EP.
JDiggz is currently in the studio working on his second album entitled "The Experiment". The concept of this album is to "do whatever he wants to genre and sound wise to create the perfect project in his mind." He is also said to have been working with Neverending White Lights frontman, Daniel Victor. However, as yet, no specific details have been released other than the new song released titled This Time by JDiggz Feat: Neverending White Lights.
|Memoirs of a Playbwoy|
- "Puush It Up"
- "Make It Hot"
- "Gimme Dat"
- "Just Wanna Party" feat. Voyce
- "With You" feat. George)
- "With You" (Remix) feat. George & Drake)
- "This Time" feat. Neverending White Lights (2010)
- "Don't Watch Me" by Trish (feat. JDiggz)
- "Pop" by Melanie Durrant (feat. JDiggz)
- "Ridin'" by Nate Skeeze (feat. JDiggz)
- "34 D'z" by Peezee (feat. JDiggz)
- "Smirnoff Raw Tea Partay" Commercial (BBH NYC) - Directed by Little x
- "Pop" by Melanie Durrant (Feat. JDiggz)
- "Let Me Remix" by Melanie Durrant (Feat. Kardinal Offishall)
- "Head and Shoulders" by Mr. Biggaz AKA T-Trav
- "Ridin'" by Nate Skeeze (Feat. JDiggz)
Awards and nominations
- Nominated 2006 MMVA for MuchVibe Best Rap Video - Puush It Up
- Nominated 2007 MMVA for Best Cinematography and MuchVibe Best Rap Video - Make It Hot
- Nominated 2008 Juno award for Best Rap Recording - Memoirs Of A Playbwoy
- Won 2011 MMVA for Independent Video of The Year- This Time