In 1997 he graduated from the Photography and Film department at Gothenburg University. Engstrom has shown work internationally in many exhibitions including "Je Suis Où" at Contretype in Brussels in 2003; the 2005 Deutsche Börse Photography Prize at the Photographer's Gallery in London; "Haunts" at Galerie VU in Paris in 2006; "Ca me touche", les invités de Nan Goldin, at Les Rencontres d'Arles festival, France in 2009; and "From Back Home" at the National Media Museum in Bradford, England, in 2010. He is represented by VU in Paris and Milliken Gallery in Stockholm.
- Engström, JH. Trying to dance. Stockholm: Journal, 2003. ISBN 91-974182-6-9
- Engström, JH. Haunts. Göttingen: Steidl, 2006. ISBN 3-86521-297-2
- Engström, JH. CDG / JHE. Göttingen: Steidl, 2008. ISBN 978-3-86521-538-3
- Petersen, Anders, and JH Engström. From back home. Stockholm: Bokförlaget Max Ström, 2009. ISBN 978-91-7126-164-9
- JH Engstrom's biography. London: Saatchi Gallery, c.2009.
- JH Engström. Je Suis Où. Brussels: L’Espace Photographique Contretype, 5 November – 21 December 2003.
- Beyfus, Drusilla. Through a lens darkly. Telegraph (UK), 9 April 2005.
- Haunts. Paris: Galerie VU', 2006-09-14 to 2006-04-11.]
- From Back Home: Gallery One exhibition (press release). Bradford, England: National Media Museum, 17 August 2010.
|This article about a European photographer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Swedish artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|