|Origin||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Genres||Indie pop, indie rock|
Jjamz (styled JJAMZ and pronounced juh-jamz) is an American indie-pop band from Los Angeles, California composed of James Valentine (Maroon 5), Jason Boesel (Rilo Kiley/Bright Eyes), Alex Greenwald (Phantom Planet), Michael Runion, and Z Berg (The Like).
Jjamz was started at karaoke night at Guys in Hollywood. The band name is an acronym using the first letter of each member's name. The group was means of escape from each member's respective bands at a time when things seemed hectic for each member. "Jjamz started at an interesting time in all of our lives. We all needed some kind of escape from relationships or our other bands. It was a tumultuous time, and the lyrics just came out. It was like word vomit. I can't remember," said Z Berg,lead vocalist for the Like, in one of their first interviews as a band.
The band played their first concert at the Echo Plex on January 27, 2009 and went on to release their debut album, Suicide Pact, on July 10, 2012. To support this release, the band opened for The Hush Sound during a brief tour in October 2012.
- Suicide Pact (2012)
- Costello, Carly. "Introducing… JJAMZ". Carly Costello. Retrieved 15 July 2012.
- "JJAMZ 'Never Enough'". Rolling Stones. Retrieved 16 July 2012.
- Wasser, Alexi. "JJAMZ' First Kiss". Retrieved 16 July 2012.
- Wasser, Alexi. "JJAMZ' First Kiss". Retrieved 24 September 2012.
- "The New Myspace". 24 September 2012. Retrieved 25 September 2012.