JP White, February 2012
|Birth name||Hans Joakim Petersson|
December 5, 1983 |
Falkenberg, Halland, Sweden
Artist / Painter
|Instruments||Bass, backing vocals,|
|Labels||RLS/Raw Noise Records
|Associated acts||Vains of Jenna
|Website||Personal Facebook page
White Line Art
Vains Of Jenna
Jp White on IMDB
Hans Joakim "JP White" Petersson (born December 5, 1983) is a Swedish rock musician. Originally from Falkenberg, Sweden, he is best known as the bassist for the sleaze metal band Vains of Jenna; he also is an artist under the name of White Line Art.
JP and his younger brother Jacki Stone(Emil Petersson) grew up in Falkenberg, Sweden. As a teenager JP was in several bands, most notably SeventhFarm. SeventhFarm's drummer, Andy later went on to play drums in a popular Swedish indie band called Nervous Nellie. Growing up JP was very into 90's grunge era music, and still cites that genre of music as being very important to him.
Vains of Jenna
In early 2005, JP moved back to Falkenberg, after having lived in Norway for a while. Upon his return he met up with old friend Lizzy DeVine; they formed a band with JP's brother Jacki and Jacki's friend Nicki Kin. The name Vains of Jenna, came from when JP saw a list of band names on a piece of paper after having been out partying; Vains of Jenna was the first name on the list and he thought it looked cool.
After posting a demo of one of their songs online, Vains of Jenna were asked to come perform at the Whiskey A Go Go in West Hollywood, California. The entire band soon relocated to Los Angeles. In 2006, the band met professional skateboarder and MTV personality Bam Margera. Bam liked Vains of Jenna so much that he created a record label, Filthy Note Records just so he could sign them. The band later went on to open up for the 2007 Poison/Ratt tour, they also played the Bam Margera Presents Viva La Bands tour along with CKY, Gwar, and Cradle Of Filth.
The band gained a cult following, partially because of their 1980's glam metal look. In 2010 Lizzy Devine left the band, and was replaced with Jesse Forte. The band abandon their original sleaze/glam metal theme, which angered some of their fans. In January 2012 after two years of Jesse as the lead singer, the band decided to call it quits.
JP did the cinematography on the music video for Vains of Jenna's 2010 single "Everybody Loves You When You're Dead".
Post Vains of Jenna
Right around Vains Of Jenna's break up, JP was reported to be focusing on his artwork and now once again resides in Falkenberg, Sweden. He is also the voice of the narration in the upcoming Documentary film "The Vision Of Paolo Soleri: Prophet In The Desert"; on the life of architect & artist Paolo Soleri. Samantha Scarlette assisted White, with word pronunciations and pacing, during the recording of the narration audio.
JP is now working full-time as a tattoo artist.
Gear and influences
- Seventh Farm - title of album unknown - (approximately 2000) bass
- Vains of Jenna - "The Demos" (2005) bass and background vocals
- Vains of Jenna - "Lit Up/Let Down" (2006) bass and background vocals
- Bam Margera Present's - "Viva la Bands, Volume 2" (2007) Vains Of Jenna's "Enemy In Me" is featured on this compilation album
- Vains of Jenna - "The Art of Telling Lies" (2009) bass and background vocals
- Vains of Jenna - "Reversed Tripped" (2011) bass and background vocals
TV & Film
- The Vision Of Paolo Soleri - Narrator - 2012
- LA Ink - one episode - himself - 2008
- Bam's Unholy Union - two episodes - himself - 2007
- Playboy TV New Year's Eve Special - himself - 2006
JP appeared in two episodes of the Bam's Unholy Union in 2007 (the Bachelor Party, and the Wedding). He also was on an episode of the TLC show LA Ink with Vains of Jenna, and JP appears in friend Kat Von D's book High Voltage Tattoo.
- "Seventh Farm MySpace - JP's old band = 2004".
- "old interview with JP - naming and forming the band = 2007".
- "Viva La Swedes - New York Post article on Bam and Vains of Jenna = july 2007".
- "JP White Art - Jp's artwork = 2010".
- "bubble boy for sale!! - JP's selling his art = 2010".
- "Interview about JP's tattoos in which he mentions being in Kat's book and such - JP From Vains of Jenna 'Bout His Tattoos = 2012".